Chapter 14: Revelations and Heart Attack

Start from the beginning

"He is fine, he just needs some rest. Now, go and when he wakes up I'll let you know you came to see him." I responded. Before she could object I closed and locked the door to the cabin. I went back to Percy when I saw a bit of my reflection in one of his bracelets. Deciding to check that out I went to the bathroom and noticed that I was a mess. My hair was a rat's nest and dried ichor spots throughout my body, my armor was not destroyed but it certainly needed repairing, and my face was dirtied from sand and seawater. After seeing me in such a state, I decided to take a relaxing shower while Percy wakes up.

Third POV

As Artemis was taking a shower, she couldn't get the feelings out of her system. She felt worried, relieved, and another feeling she hadn't felt before. But also felt protective over Percy when it came to Annabeth. She knew she shouldn't get involved because it is not her relationship nor a topic she has had any experience with.

After a twenty-minute shower, Artemis finally came out of the bathroom with a set of camp clothes. She noticed that Percy was starting to stir awake from his sleep and was by his side in the blink of an eye.

"Hey, take it easy Kelpy, you are way too exhausted." Artemis talked in a soft voice, way too soft for her own liking for anyone else, but not with Percy.

Percy groaned at her words but still sat up on his bed. "How much time have I been out?" Percy asked with concern in his voice. "Just about a half-hour. Here, take a bit of ambrosia. Will ordered for you to eat a controlled amount of ambrosia until you are to your original self." Artemis ordered while handing him a small square of ambrosia.

Percy instantly fell better once the godly food made it to his stomach. He could probably walk, but other than that he would be on the floor. "Well, what if we go out to the lake? If I am going to rest, might as well do it in some place more relaxing." Percy suggested, to which Artemis was more than happy to comply for some unknown reason to her.

They slowly made their way towards the lake shore while letting Percy take small breaks in between. "Hurry up Keply, or it's gonna get too late and the harpies will eat you." Artemis complain to which Percy just chuckled. After almost 20 agonizing minutes of slow walking and support, they finally made it to the lake. Percy immediately dropped to the sand and sat while looking at the water. Artemis took a seat next to him and both enjoyed the silence, tranquility, and each other's presence.

After a few minutes, their silence was interrupted by one of the last people Artemis wanted to see, Annabeth. Artemis glared at Annabeth, who winced at Artemis's glare but was quick to fix her eyes on Percy. "Percy, can I talk to you for a minute?" Annabeth almost pleaded. Percy look at Artemis and saw her glaring at Annabeth, and that's when it struck him. He secretly smiled behind the two girls and decided to hear Annabeth before he talked to Artemis.

"Sure Annabeth." Percy responded, to which he got a confused and disbelieving look from Artemis. His heart broke a little but he needed to set things right once and for all before they cause trouble. Percy looked into Artemis' silver eyes and got himself lost in them before telling Artemis what he was planning to do. "Arty, let me make things clear with Annabeth quickly because I have some things that I got to tell you." Artemis gave him a confused look before he smiled and winked causing her to rapidly blush. "Okay, call me when you are done." Artemis responded and left them to talk.

Artemis's heart couldn't stop hammering inside her chest from Percy's smile and wink. Even though she might be as oblivious as Percy when it came to flirting, she thought that maybe what he did had a meaning to it. She blush even more at the fact of Percy flirting with her but she took it for the good side of things. Finally, she might have a try at having a love life while being mortal since her vow doesn't apply while being mortal.