Prologue

« "Fire and Blood

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

 « "Fire and Blood." These are the words of the most powerful dynasty the world has ever seen since the Doom of Old Valyria. My family – House Targaryen.

Roughly one hundred years ago, my ancestors invaded Westeros and began a campaign to bring about the end of the seven independent squabbling kingdoms and bring them to heel under one nation, one realm, one king. Those who bent the knee and swore fealty to Aegon Targaryen would keep their lands and titles; those who took up arms would be thrown down, humbled and destroyed. Before long, we had conquered six of the seven kingdoms and forged the Iron Throne from the blades of Aegon's fallen enemies. Thus, the dragonlords of Old Valyria became kings of this new land.

However, the realm suffered under King Maegor. I'm told his reign was a brutal one. Many took up arms against us, the Faith had condemned us for our ancient traditions, and our rule nearly collapsed. It took the wisdom of my great-grandfather, King Jaehaerys the Conciliator, to repair the damage and usher in a golden age. 

Thanks to the Doctrine of Exceptionalism, House Targaryen has enjoyed nearly half a century of relative peace and prosperity. All as it should have been. It was also during this period that I was born. So why am I telling you this? Well, it's best you pay attention and maybe you'll at least understand what made me what I am today.

This is how my story began. »

––––––––––––––––––––––––––

THE CAST

Michael Carter as King Jaehaerys I Targaryen: The old King of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm whose almost 60-year reign became synonymous with peace and prosperity. Responsible for building the kingsroad, creating a unified system of laws and ending the Faith Militant uprising, he is fondly remembered as "Jaehaerys the Conciliator" and one of the best kings the Targaryen dynasty has ever produced. When tragedy claims his sons Aemon and Baelon, the line of succession becomes unclear -- leading the Old King to call upon a Great Council to choose a new heir and resolve the matter peacefully.

Viggo Mortensen as Prince Baelon Targaryen: Fourthborn child and third son of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen and Queen Alyssane. When his older brother Prince Aemon died, he became the new Prince of Dragonstone and heir to the Iron Throne. A dragonrider, he claimed the dragon Vhagar -- one of the last remaining dragons from the days of Aegon's conquest. He became Hand of the King to his father, but died of appendicitis five days later.

Paddy Considine as King Viserys I Targaryen: Son of Prince Baelon and his sister-wife Princess Alyssa, grandson of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen. A warm, kind and descent man, his main focus is on the well-being of his children and carrying on his grandfather's legacy. When his father unexpectedly dies, Viserys becomes one of the two main candidates to succeed the Old King Jaehaerys as heir to the Iron Throne.