It's Me You Should Be Seeing

requested!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You sighed once you finished your story.

Austin gave a weak smile and he refrained from rolling his eyes at the same tale you gave him many, many times before.

"I don't even know why you're still with him, he treats you like shit."

"But no one else understands me like he does Aus," you started.

"What do you mean? Y/n I understand you! we've been friends for years! Long before you met him!"

She tsked. "You don't get it but whatever."

He shook his head. "It's not 'whatever' Y/n-"

She placed her hand on top of his with a small smile. "Come to dinner with us?"

His mouth hung open. "Dinner?"

She nodded eagerly. "He's having a small dinner with his friends and he wants me to tag along-"

"So why am I needed?" he interrupted.

She pulled herself away. "Because his friends aren't really fans of me and having you there would make the evening tolerable."

Austin smiled. "So in a way, I'm being used?"

"In a way." she joked.

He thought over it for a moment before declining the invitation.

"He doesn't even like me! He can't stand the fact that we're so close Y/n!"

"Come on!"

Austin shook his head. "If he found out that you were with me right now, he'd probably throw a fit. I'm not going."

Y/n groaned. "You owe me one."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "For what?"

"I had to step in to save that blind date of your which was going horribly. The girl threw her drink at me and you said that you were forever indebted to me. Remember?"

He let out a laugh. "That was last year!"

She laughed with him. "Doesn't matter, you still owe me."

Giving up, he uncrossed his arms and rubbed his thighs. "Fine. I'll go."

You pulled him into a tight hug before grabbing your things to go.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"Yeah yeah," he muttered.

She kissed his cheek "You're the best Aus."

His insides warmed at the action and a small blush crept upon his face. "Mhm. When is the dinner?"

"Thursday, I'll text you the details! See you then!" was all she said before letting herself out of his place.

He had a week and a half to prepare himself for the dreaded evening.

-

The week and a half flew by and Austin stood in front of his mirror and fixed his clothes. Here he was, about to spend an entire evening with your loser of a boyfriend and he regretted ever saying yes.

His phone buzzed from his pocket and he pulled it out. It was a text from you.

y/n:
hello? aus you're still coming right?

He smiled at the "nickname" you gave him years ago.

austin:
unfortunately yes.

y/n:
well shake some ass and get going, we're pulling up to the restaurant now. i sent you the address already