You're married!

this is one that i wrote last year. ive always loved this on so i decided to use it for this book. writing sad stories are so fun LOLLL

enjoy!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It was a lovely spring afternoon. The flowers were blooming and the wedding was starting soon. As the wedding planner and friend of the bride, you had to make sure the ceremony was perfect.

You smoothed down your pink dress and put a fresh smile on your face. Your right hand woman, Jen ran up to you.

"Alright, everything is perfect and the ceremony is starting... now!"

You laughed. "Alright then, let's get this show on the road!"

The ceremony was everything you imagined it to be. Stunning. The groom stood on the alter, looking as handsome as ever. Austin's hair was combed back and that stupid curl you loved so much was the only strand loose from his gelled back style.

Your heart broke as you remembered the times you and him use to share. Your relationship was to die for. You guys did everything together and were always seen together. It all went down when your business started to boom. You got booked with so many jobs and you never had time to see him.

He tried to keep things strong with you but you continously pushed him away, putting your work over your relationship. When he told you the relationship had to end, you broke. You, as embarrassing as it sounds, begged and pleaded saying you'll do anything to make it work. He refused and left. He said you valued your work more than anything else. And he wasn't wrong, you wouldn't talk to any friends or family just because of your job being your number one focus. A good year later, he moved on with one of your good friends and proposed to her a year after. And now here you were.

When you found out he was getting married, you tried to do everything in your power to not be the one planning the wedding but the bride, Mia, insisted.

Jen poked your side and you realized that the bride was getting ready to walk down the aisle. You pushed your thoughts away and stood to your feet, along with the rest of the church.

She walked down the aisle gracefully. You risked a glance at the groom and you saw him looking at her with all the love in the world. Envy slowly made it's way to your thoughts and unknown to you, your smile fell and was replaced with a frown.

"She's so pretty."

You flinched and realized it was only your assistant.

You nodded, saying nothing in fear of saying something out of line.

As the congregation sat down, Jen noticed your change of emotions.

"You don't have to stay. You know that, right?"

Jen was the only person who knew of your situation and your lingering feelings towards the groom.

You sighed. "It's fine. I'm fine."

The assistant only shrugged and cast her attention towards the alter. The bride and groom were in the middle of reciting their vows. Your heart felt like it was dropping slowly. Your stomach was throbbing and tears welled up in your eyes.

The priest smiled. "Does anybody object the union of these two individuals and if so, stand now or forever hold your peace."

The crowed shifted and looked around. It took every ounce of strength and dignity in you to remain seated. Your clasped your hands together and pressed your lips into a thin line.