It's Been A Long Week

requested!
...............................................................

With a sigh, you locked your car door and trudged up the 2 flights of stairs knowing the elevator was currently out of service.

The week was incredibly long and everything had managed to piss you off. Reaching the apartment you and your best friend shared, you grew excited at the thought of laying in your bed for a whole weekend. Pushing the key in the slot, you tsked to yourself when the key slipped from your fingers and slipped halfway under the door. That drew a long sigh from you and you adjusted your bags as you bent down to get the key. Your nails scratched at the key and managed to get it. Picking yourself up, you shoved the key through the slot and twisted the door open. You shuffled in, dropping all your bags in the floor before taking the key out and slamming the door shut.

"Welcome home Y/n!" the voice of your best friend rang out. 

He was met with silence and set the spoon he was using to stir the food on the stovetop.

"Y/n?"

Austin turned to you and was immediately met with you collapsing into his chest. You sobbed lightly and his arms wrapped around you.

"Alright now, everything is okay now."

You shook your head as the tears fell.

"Y/n you're gonna wind yourself up, shh calm down for me."

Ignoring his requests, you continued to cry until all the frustrations were out. You were fresh out of tears and you stood in his arms breathing heavily.

"What happened? Talk to me Y/n, what happened?" 

You pulled away from him and swiped at your face. "This whole week."

Austin turned the stove off, knowing that he burnt the food. He then took your hand and pulled you to the living room, settling himself on the couch with you next to him.

He was silent, waiting for you to continue.

"I mean, everything went wrong and I mean everything!" you yelled, the emotions coming back in waves.

"Some other person got the promotion that I was supposed to get and some idiot scratched my car and I have to fix it. My shoe broke this morning right before my meeting and-" you paused, tears gathering in your eyes again. "It's just been such a long week." you finished.

Austin took you into his arms again as you closed your eyes, the feeling of relief and safety settling over you. The both of you remained in that position until he began to speak.

"Here's something okay," he started. "Go freshen up and I'll order your favorite and we'll watch some films, alright?"

"Okay." You nodded and pushed yourself away from him with a smile. "Love you."

Austin rose from the couch with a grin, giving you another hug before grabbing his phone. "Love you too Y/n."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

this was short but it's okay bc it's cute! living for the austin best friend thing 🫶🏾🤝

sorry for the on and off breaks i'm having in here, balancing school and work and clubs is kinda hard loll

happy reading! 😌🫡