First Date ♡

The day was finally here!

After talking to Austin for quite some time, he had asked you out on a date and you accepted.

There wasn't much details of the location of the date, only that he said he'd pick you up and not to dress too formal.

'Dress casual' his text read. 'We're going to be outside :)'

You weren't one to spend a first date outside, but you just decided to have an open mind. You searched through your closet for some clothes and settled for a baby blue gingham button down shirt with some white shorts that matched well. You decided to put on some white tennis shoes and you tied your hair back.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, satisfied with your look. Your phone pinged with a message.

'I'm outside' it read.

You gave yourself a small mental pep talk and gathered your stuff as you left your room, glancing at the mirror one last time.

When you reached your front door, you practiced a smile before opening the door.

And there he was. His curls were a bit messy from the wind, and his outfit consisted of a light blue button down that went well with the brown trousers he wore with it. His brown boots were scuffed at the front. He smiled at you.

"Y/n, you look beautiful" He said placing a small kiss on your cheek.

"Thank you Austin, you look well yourself."

He smirked to himself as you turned to shut the door and lock it. He led you both to his car, a Cadillac XT5, and opened the passenger door and you climbed in.

"What a gentleman." You giggled.

He shot you a wink and closed the door heading over to the driver's side, getting in.

Once you both buckled up and got settled, the car set off.

The ride was comfortably silent, with the faint song on the radio. He drove with one hand on the wheel, the other hand resting lightly on your thigh, giving it the occasional squeeze.

You took a glance in the back seat and saw a hand woven basket. 'A picnic?' you thought. Thinking back to the conversation you and Austin shared about a first date. You remember saying that you loved picnics and how he chuckled softly at your words. You turned your attention back to the front with a small smile on your face.

It wasn't long until you both reached your destination. It was a small, secluded park, that overlooked a small pond filled with ducks.

Austin parked the car and turned to you with a sheepish grin. "I remember you saying how much you loved picnics so I decided it would be a nice first date."

You leaned over and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

He laughed and the pair of you piled out of the car, him grabbing the blanket and picnic basket from the back seat and you both walked hand in hand to a spot under a grand oak tree.

He let go of your hand to spread the blanket on the ground, placing the basket on the blanket and he sat down, lightly pulling you down with him.

You rested on your side as he rummaged through the basket pulling out a combination of both of your favorite foods and snacks.

Thirsty, you reached in the basket looking for something to drink and you pulled out a bottle of cranberry juice. You looked at Austin who played with the bracelet on his wrist.

"Didn't want to bring wine seeing as I'm driving.."

You let out a laugh. "How responsible."

After the basket had been emptied of its contents, the date went underway,  with the occasional laughter and jokes. Once most of the food was gone, you laid back in Austin's lap, continuing the conversations the two of you were sharing. His fingers soon found their way in your hair, playing with the strands softly.

It had been some time later, and the sky was painted with pink and purple streaks. You sat up and leaned into his chest, the both of you admiring the sunset.

He then turned to you and brushed his thumb across your cheek, closing the distance between you. Your eyes fluttered shut as his lips were pressed softly against yours. You brought your hands up to his hair, pulling him even closer.

The kiss went on, sweet and passionate. He then pulled away slightly breathless. His pink lips were slightly swollen and you knew yours were too. Your foreheads were lightly touching. He studied your face, his eyes filled with adoration and awe.

"We should pack up," he suggested, his voice slightly hoarse.

You nodded pressing one last kiss against his lips and you got up, stretching as he did the same.

The two of you packed up the basket and the blanket, walking to his car, holding hands.

You both got into the car, you placing the basket in the back seat, then buckling up.

Austin looked at you and smiled. "I had a great time with you Y/n."

You rested your head on the head rest, softly smiling. "As did I Austin, this date was truly amazing."

"I'm glad you thought so," he chuckled, starting the car and putting it in gear, driving you home.

His hand that he wasn't using to drive held yours, his thumb running across your hand softly. Once the car pulled up to your flat, he got out of the car, going to your side and opening the door, allowing you to get out. He walked you up to your door, and watched as you unlocked it. Once you were inside, you turned to him, pulling him close. He grinned and the two of you shared another kiss. He pulled away only to place more soft pecks against your lips.

"Goodnight Y/n, sleep well."

"Night Austin, drive safe love."

"I will, thank you."

The door shut in between the two of you. You locked the door and walked to your room humming to yourself happily.

Austin on the other side of the door ran a hand through his hair, absolutely smitten. He walked to his car and got in, and drove home with the intent to take you on another date.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Thanks for 100+ reads everybody! It really means alot to me!!!

Hope you enjoyed this one, I was kinda having trouble with it in the middle lol but I think it turned out well.

any thoughts and feedback are always welcome!!!!

also check out my other book that contains small short stories!!!!

thanks again!

all my loving, e ☆