🎵 You Send Me

It was a nice day for the two of you. The kid was sleeping and the house was already cleaned. The sun was shining and not a speck of gray was in the sky.

Soft love songs from the 50s and 60s played from the record player and you and your husband were both in the kitchen.

You were finishing up the dishes and Austin was wiping down the counters after the messing baking session you both shared with your two year old not even an hour ago.

Lost in your own thoughts, you didn't even realize that Austin's hands rested on your waist. He leaned down and kissed the top of your head.

The kiss dragged you from your thoughts and you leaned back into him.

"I love you" he whispered into your hair.

A small smile crept on your face.

"I know, you tell me that every day." you joked.

The first few chords of a familiar song rung through the air and you turned off the water from the sink. Turning around, you looked at your husband smiling.

'darling, you send me
i know you send me'

Austin pulled you close and you rested your arms on his shoulders.

'darling, you send me
honest you do, honest you do'

His voice was low. "Remember this song?"

'honest you do, whoa'

You chuckled at his words. "How could I? It's from our wedding day."

He looked into your eyes before placing a kiss on your forehead.

"One of the best days of my life."

'you thrill me
i know you, you, you thrill me'

"One of?" you joked.

He pulled you closer, the space between you gone.

'darling, you, you, you, you thrill me
honest you do'

"Yeah, Ollie being born is one of the others."

'at first i thought it was infatuation
but, woo, it lasted so long'

You buried your head in the crook of his neck unable to wipe the grin off your face.

'now i find myself wanting
to marry you and take you home'

The two of you swayed softly to the song, exchanging small talk with one another.

'you, you, you send me
i know you send me'

You felt his hands move down slowly, resting lightly on your bottom. You pulled away slightly, looking at him.

He winked and you laughed.

'i know you send me
honest you do'

Austin rested his forehead lightly against yours, his eyes closed. He was entirely at peace and truly happy.

'whoa-oh-oh whenever im with you
i know, i know, i know when im near you'

Your hands made their way into his hair, softly massaging his head.

'mm hmm, mm hmm honest you do
honest you do
whoa-oh-oh, i know you do,
whoa-oh-oh, i know-oh-oh-oh'

Pulling his head close to yours, you pressed your lips against his.

He groaned into the kiss, completely and madly in love with you.

'i know, i know, i know when you hold me
whoa, whenever you kiss me
mmhmm, mmhmm honest you do'

Austin pulled away slowly, his cheeks flushed and his lips puffy and pink.

He brought his hand up to your face and stroked your cheek with his thumb. Peering at him through your lashes, you saw that he was studying your face, his eyes hazy.

'at first i thought it was infatuation
but, woo, it lasted so long'

Austin then backed the both of you to the counter, pushing you up on it. Once you were fully seated upon the counter top, you wrapped your legs around his waist, pulling him close.

'now i find myself wanting
to marry you and take you home'

You ran your hands through his hair, making him look up at you.

"I love you Austin."

'i know, i know, i know you send
i know you send me'

"I know," he mocked with a smile. "You tell me every day."

You glared at him for a second before bursting into laughter.

'whoa, you, you, you, you send me'

His hands rubbed your legs.

'honest you do'

The song eneded and another started to play and you both gazed lovingly into each others eyes.

The moment quickly ended when your two year old son, Oliver, or Ollie , the nickname his father gave him, waddled in.

Ollie's dark blonde/brown curls were sticking up all over the place. He wore a large shirt that belonged to Austin and was dragging his stuffed teddy on the ground.

"Mama? Dada?" his little voice called out. "Are the cookies done?"

Austin pushed himself away from you and made his way over to the little boy, scooping him up in his arms.

"Yes they are! How about you and I fix the table while mama gets the cookies from under the oven?" Austin suggested.

Ollie's face lit up. "Okay!"

You and Austin both shared a laugh and he gave you a wink before leaving the kitchen with your son.

Hopping off the counter, you opened the oven, not even bothering to wear mitts and pulled out the tray of cookies, setting them on the counter.

The giggles from your son filled the air and Austin's laughter followed.

Smiling to yourself, you removed the cookies from the tray and set them on a cute plate that had hand painted strawberries on it.

You poured two glasses of milk and took them to the table where the rest of your small family sat.

Placing the plate and glasses on the table, you pulled a chair next to Austin and Ollie, basking in their love and laughter for the rest of the day.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

i know i said in the last chapter that i probably wouldn't post in a few days but this was sitting in my drafts for a week so i decided to just push it out

sam cooke is probably my favorite singer of all times so i really loved this chap.

btw sorry if yall think the name ollie/Oliver is jackshit, fr couldn't think of a name lol

thanks for reading ♡♡