That's What Best Friends Are For

requested!
***************************************
You groaned and turned over, tucking some of the blanket under your stomach.

When you usually got your period, the cramps would be bad but nothing like this.

After a few minutes of peace, a strong cramp ripped through you. Before you were able to find any way to alleviate your pain, the phone on the bedside table began to vibrate.

Annoyed, you picked up the call.

"Hey there sunshine!"

You smiled weakly to yourself. "Hi Austin."

"You ready for tonight?"

Silence.

"Um, Y/n? Are you there?" Austin asked.

After wracking your brain for a minute, you shook your head.

"What's tonight?"

Now he fell silent. "Game night? Hello? We're going over to Mel and Joey's place tonight?"

You groaned.

Your best friends voice rang clear. "You didn't forget did you? We've been planning this for weeks?"

"Austin, I didn't forget," you sighed. "I just don't feel all that great today."

The excitement in his voice dropped. "Cramps?"

"Yeah."

He fell silent again and you pressed the phone to your ear, anticipating what he was gonna say next.

"I'll be there in 20."

The phone slipped from your hand. "Wait, no-"

The click of the line hushed you and you just tossed your phone on the table.

Not even bothering to clean the place first, you turned so that you were laying on your stomach and closed your eyes, falling into a light slumber.

You weren't sure how long you had slept for but it must've been at least an hour because when you had woken up, the sound of faint humming came from the kitchen.

Carefully climbing out of bed, you walked out of your bedroom heading closer to the humming. You leaned against the doorframe and saw your best friend wiping down your counter.

Sensing something, Austin turned around and looked at you with a smile.

"What are you doing out of bed Y/n?"

"Heard something so I was just checking things out." you said crossing your arms.

His smile changed into a smirk. "Right. Now come on, go back to bed. I'll meet you in there soon."

You sighed. "Austin I don't nee-"  The words from your lips were cut off as a sharp pain seared through you, causing you to double over. Your best friend rushed to your side and guided you back to your room.

It was like the world stopped. You felt your stomach pulsating in pain and tears had begun to fall. Austin basically had to drag you to the room and he laid you on the bed before tucking  you in, placing a kiss to your forehead.

"Stay there." He ordered. "I'm going to be right back with some stuff, it's gonna be okay, you hear?"

You nodded clutching the blanket.

"I'll be right back." was the last thing you heard before he dashed out of the room.

A few minutes had passed and you scoffed. Be right back, it's been at least five minutes.

Austin came back inside balancing a tray that was neatly arranged. He sat the tray down on your bedside table and picked up a dvd case that was on the floor.

"Your favorite?" he suggested.

You nodded and sat up in the bed.

He turned on the tv and removed the dvd from its case and popped it in the the player.

The movie, Dirty Dancing began to play and Austin climbed into bed next to you and took the tray off the table, setting it in front of the two of you. All of both of your favorite snacks were on the tray along with a heating pad.

You smiled at him and you both got comfortable, talking and laughing while watching the movie.

After an hour in, the snacks were gone, along with your cramps and the tray and heating pad were on the floor. You laid on your back while Austin laid next to you, one of his hands propping his head up and the other on your stomach.

"Austin."

His eyes didn't leave the screen.

"Hm?"

Silence.

His attention shifted to you. "What?"

"You didn't have to do all of this. So why did you do it?"

Austin leaned close to you pressing a kiss on your forehead.

"Because you're my best friend. That's what best friends are for."

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

lol i'm back!!!

had to take some time off bc school just stared and since it's senior year we had lots to do already lol.

i think i'm going to have a posting schedule so i don't publish everything in one day then stop writing for weeks 

thanks for reading 💓💓