Cannes Film Festival 🎬

You emerged from the bathroom, walking over to your boyfriend who was sitting on the bed in the hotel room, lost in his thoughts.

"Hey superstar," you grinned.

He looked up at you. "Hey."

You stood in front of him and turned around. "Zip please."

Austin's hands went for the zipper on the back of your dress, and tugged the zip up slowly and carefully.

When he finished, he stood behind you, his fingers dancing across your shoulders.

"You look gorgeous, baby."

You smiled. "And you look," you turned to look at him. "Not ready."

He glanced down at his clothes. He wore black slacks and a simple white undershirt that was tucked in.

Your hands cupped his face.

"Are you nervous?"

Austin grinned sheepishly. "Something like that, yeah."

A small smile appeared on your face.

"Honey you have no reason to be nervous. You did great and you know that."

"You don't know that, you haven't seen it." he mumbled, looking down at the floor.

You tilted his head so he was looking straight at you.

"Austin you did fine, I'm sure of it. You and everyone else have worked incredibly hard on this film and I just know it's amazing. Now, why don't you get ready and we'll get going."

He smiled, kissing your lips.

You gave him a quick hug then pushed him towards the closet.

"Now go get ready."

He chuckled and went over to the closet where his clothes for the evening were hung.

While he got dressed, you admired yourself in the mirror. You wore a tea length pink dress with a pair low white heels. Your hair was pulled back into a low bun and a string of pearls were around you neck.

Austin cleared his throat and you turned towards him.

"Look at you handsome!"

He laughed and rubbed his hands on his pants.

"This is okay?" he asked, his breath shaky.

"Oh its perfect." You smiled, kissing his cheek.

You turned away from him and grabbed your small white clutch off the counter.

"You ready?"

He sighed. A moment passed. Another. And another.

"Yeah, let's get this show the road."

You held his hand and the two of you stepped out of the room. He turned to lock the door and handed the keys to you. You opened your clutch and he dropped them in.

The elevator ride down was a different energy between the two of you. Your energy was excited and his was nervous and giddy.

Once you both arrived in the lobby, Tom stood there with his wife, Rita, smiling at the two of you.

"There you two are!" Tom exclaimed. "Thought you jumped ship Austin!"

Austin chuckled, knowing that he did, in fact, thought of skipping.

After a few minutes of small talk and banter, the limo arrived and the four of you walked out of the hotel room. Austin let Tom and Rita into the limo first, then letting you get in, and him in last. He shut the door, and the limo took off. The three of you, meaning you, Rita, and Tom engaged in conversation while Austin occasionally dropped in only before looking out the window.

"He's nervous isn't he?" Rita questioned.

You rested your hand on his thigh. "Yeah but I know he'll do just fine."

The conversation ended when the flurry of chatter was heard from outside. The limo parked and the two of you allowed Tom and Rita to go first. As you moved to leave, Austin tugged your arm.

"Yes?"

"Nothing just wanted to give a kiss real quick," he answered.

You turned towards him and pecked his lips.

"You're going to be fine Austin," you whispered. "Just fine."

He kissed your lips one last time and let go of your arm, allowing you to step out of the vehicle. He grabbed your clutch off the seat and exited the vehicle, shutting the door.

The flash of cameras were bright and overwhelming.

You looked down and looked up at him. "Where's my clut-"

He held it out to you and you smiled. Maybe you were more nervous than he was.

Austin held your hand, leading you to where the rest of his cast members were.

He occasionally stopped for some photos, making sure you were always by his side.

Once you both finally reached the cast, everyone greeted the two of you. They happened to be more excited to see you due to the fact that Austin kept most things in his life private.

Once all the photos were done, the cast found their way to the screening of Elvis and found their seats.

Austin had personally requested that you had a seat next to him and they allowed it.

The movie had begun and Austin was a nervous wreck the entire time, his hand in yours.

While watching the film, you were in awe. Baz had really outdone himself with this film and the entire cast was amazing. Austin really had the part nailed down to a T and you were blown away.

When the film ended and the credits rolled up, you immediately stood to your feet and started clapping. The rest of the audience followed suit and the cast stood soon after them.

The cheers were loud and you could tell that Austin was overwhelmed with the feedback and truly grateful and happy.

Austin turned to you with tears in his eyes, planting a kiss on your cheek before rubbing his tears away.

You were incredibly happy and proud of him. This was the moment he was waiting for his entire life. All of his blood, sweat, and tears led up to this moment and you couldn't have been more proud of him.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
this sucks 🥲

sorry for being absent for a while, just trying to get everything ready since school is literally starting next week

senior year okay 😍😍🥹

but yea, hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, i honestly couldn't find a way to finish properly

-e