🎵 Kiss Me

another music inspired story! btw, the setting takes place in high school. enjoy :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A soft knock on your bedroom door startled you. You jumped up and closed your diary, shoving it under your pillow.

"Come in."

The door opens slightly and your mother enters the room smiling.

"Hi sweetie, are you excited for tomorrow night?" she asked all giddy and happy.

Tomorrow night. Homecoming night.

You sighed. "Yeah I guess,"

Your mother let out a fake gasp of surprise.

"Honey, you guess?" she placed a hand on her chest. "But I thought you said you were already going?"

You laid back on your bed, the pillows and stuffed animals from your childhood bouncing with the impact.

"Mom, I couldn't find a dress." You muttered, stretching your arms.

A smile crept on your mother's face. "Well I have one for you hun, and it's purple. You know, your favorite color."

You felt your heart clamp at those words. It wasn't your favorite color. It was his favorite color. Your school crush Austin had a love for the color purple and you just happened to say that once a few years ago and it just stuck.

"So what do you say?"

You brought your hands down and rubbed your eyes, waiting for this conversation to be over.

"Yeah mom, go get it."

She squealed and ran out of your room.

You didn't want to go to the homecoming only because you had no one to go with. Yeah, that seemed a bit babyish but you didn't want to be the loner standing in the corner. The rest of your small friend group chose not to go to except for one. Sam.

It was quite well known that Sammy had a crush on you and when he did offer to go with you, you couldn't bring yourself to say no.

"Okay, okay, okay," your mother said bursting in your room with a white box."

Suddenly curious, you sat up, eyes on the box.

"This was my dress for homecoming hun," she opened the box and pulled out a beautiful satin purple gown. "Look at it," she sighed.

You got out of bed, moving towards your mother and the dress.

"Oh mom, it's beautiful.." You trailed off, running your fingers lightly on the dress.

"Isn't it. You know, that's the same night your father and I-" she paused, the two of you looking at one another. "Just try it on." She finished, letting out a chuckle.

With a small smile, you took the dress in your hands, and disappeared to the bathroom.

You undressed yourself, your thoughts wandering. You slipped on the dress, your breath caught, as you looked at yourself in the mirror. You felt beautiful, you looked beautiful. The halter strap fit perfectly around your neck. The dress hugged you in all the right places.

Your mother knocked on the door opening it slightly, only pushing the door fully open when she saw you in the dress.

"Oh my, honey you look gorgeous."

A smile settled upon your face.

Your mother handed you an elaborate face mask.

"The theme is masquerade, right?"