🎵 Since U Been Gone

another music one! is it sad? yes.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You barreled into your house, crying as you slammed the door shut.

Dropping your things on the floor, you made a beeline towards your kitchen and opened the cupboard, grabbing a bottle of wine and a glass.

You popped it open and poured the wine into the glass, little droplets of wine splattering.

Setting the bottle down, you grabbed the glass and took a big sip from it. You went straight to your room, deciding to close this chapter of your life.

You set the glass of wine on your vanity, your eyes catching the picture that was taped on the mirror. The picture was taken about 7 years ago, when you first met him.

You and Austin went to the same high school and met at the first football game of your junior year. Grabbing your empty laundry basket, you tossed the photo in.

You went around your whole room, throwing the things that reminded you of Austin into the basket.

Once the basket was full, you picked it up and pushed it towards the living room and you grabbed a trash bag from your kitchen cupboard.

You headed towards your closet and pulled out all of his jackets and shirts that you used to wear, piling them in the bag. You did the same for all the clothes he always wanted you to wear, shoving them into the bag.

Satisfied with your work, you snatched the glass of wine, sipping it as you kicked the trash bags out of your room and towards the living room where the other stuff was.

Sitting on the carpet, you pulled the basket to you and began sorting through everything. You wanted everything in two piles- one to send back to him and one to either keep for yourself or for the trash.

Dumping the contents of the basket out you sorted through everything, thinking over relationship that just ended, just earlier that morning.

'here's the thing,
we started out friends'

You pulled out the picture of the two of you at the game. His arm was around you, big smiles on both of your faces.

'it was cool, but it was all pretend
yeah, yeah,
since you been gone'

You tossed the picture in the pile to send back to him.

Pulling another picture, this time, one of your first date with him not even a week after the two of you met.

'you're dedicated, you took the time
wasn't long till i called you mine
yeah, yeah since you been gone'

Trash.

You thought back to your relationship, remembering how it was talked about all the time in the school.

'and all you'd ever hear me say
is how i picture me with you
that's all you'd ever hear me say'

You weren't one for attention and it was overwhelming being the 'it couple' or whatever. You remember how much anxiety it gave you to always go to all the parties he wanted you to go to. Rolling your eyes, you went back to sorting through the pictures.

'but since you been gone
i can breathe for the first time'

Pulling out a necklace from the pile, you held it up, watching how the small sapphire pendant sparkled.

His pile.

'im so moving on, yeah yeah
thanks to you,
now i get what i want
since you been gone'