Sick Days

here's one for my elvis fans! this was requested :)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Even being the wife of a global superstar, you still chose to work. You didn't want to feel confined to a "traditional housewife" role and your partner, surprisingly to you, allowed you to do that.

After a long day at your boutique and after a long ride home in traffic, you finally arrived at Graceland. You stopped the car and looked at the driveway confused. All of Elvis's cars were parked and none of his friends had their cars here.

You could've sworn that there was a practice today and it wouldn't end for at least another two hours.

You walked to the door and unlocked it, taken aback by the eerie silence.

Closing the door, you paused to listen for anything.

"E?" you called, dropping your bag.

Nothing.

Stepping through the large foyer, you looked around. "El?"

Then there it was. A groan of some sort coming from his room upstairs.

You cautiously walked up the grandiose stairs, the groans growing louder.

Once you were up the stairs, you walked carefully to his room, the door shut.

Knocking twice and getting no response , you walked in only to see him laying in bed, the covers covering him completely with his hand on his pale face. His nose and cheeks were flushed red and even though he had sweat dripping on his forehead, he was shivering.

Elvis moved his hand away from his face, squinting at you.

"Sweetheart? That you?" he made to sit up but you rushed to his side quickly pushing him back down.

He groaned and you sat on the bed running your fingers across his burning forehead.

Your thoughts ran for a minute and stopped when his hand came up to your face, stroking your cheek softly.

"I'm going to make you some soup, alright?"

The man lifted his head. "No, no darling stay with me. Please?"

A small smile appeared on your face and you shook your head.

"I'll be back, let me whip something for you." you said firmly.

Elvis seemed to internally toy with with the idea until he broke into a coughing fit. You immediately moved away from him.

"I'll be back, promise." was all you said, walking out of the room.

You bounded down the stairs two steps at a time as you spun into the kitchen. Gathering the things you needed to make Elvis's soup, you began to hum a tune that took your thoughts far.

It didn't take long for you to make the soup. Just as you set aside a spoon, your husbands voice from upstairs drew you from your thoughts.

"Darling?" His voice was weak and hoarse.

You set the hot plate on a tray you took from the cupboard. "Calm yourself E, I'm coming up right now!"

Balancing the tray and a glass of water on the tray, you carefully made your way up the stairs and walked into you and Elvis's shared bedroom. He sat up slowly, straining a smile at the sight of you. The radio on the window sill played soft tunes and the window was cracked open a little bit to allow some fresh air to circulate in the room.

Elvis patted the side of the bed down and invited you to sit next to him. The thought of getting sick from him crossed your mind but you shook it off. Placing the try on the bedside table, you climbed in the bed next to him. He pulled you close to him and the two of you were in each other's arms for quite some time. Elvis had laid back down and you followed suit, resting your head on his chest.

The faint music from the radio and the small breeze from the open window filled the atmosphere and it was calming.

Turning away from your husband who was asleep, your attention shifted to the now cold soup on the table. With a groan you made to get out of bed but the arms of your husband kept you in bed.

"Elvis your soup got cold," you said attempting to wiggle out of his embrace. "Let me heat it up real quick,"

He shook his head.

"C'mon love, you need the soup, it'll help you get better."

Elvis slowly opened his eyes and looked at you. "I don't need soup to make me feel better darling when I have you."

A small smile appeared on your face. "Right.." you drawled.

The man managed a smile. "I'm serious honey, now come lay with me, we'll get something else to eat later."

Smiling, you laid with your husband and he pressed a soft kiss on your forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

first time doing an Elvis one i happened to like it very much!!!

i love doing requests so much lol

and ik i said if post on sunday's but this was already done so i just decided to push it out.

hope you all enjoyed 🤎