You're married! Pt.2

here's part two for everyone that wanted it! what the people want is what the people get 👩🏾‍⚖️

—————————————————————

Austin clutched the pearls hard in his grip as his wife rushed to him.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" Mia asked.

Austin's mouth opened and closed as he tried to think of a way.

Mia brought her hand up to touch his arm but he moved away.

Shocked, she dropped her hand. His eyes flickered to the reception hall behind them. All eyes were in the new couple and his heart began to beat fast. Austin reached over and and pushed the heavy door shut.

"Austin?" her voice was shaky and uncertain. "What's going on? Is this about Y/n? The wedding planner?"

He confirmed with a shaky nod. "Yes."

Mia scoffed, tears beginning to fall. "So what? Were you doing the both of us the whole time?"

Austin gripped the pearls tightly in his hand. "No, Mia, that's not what happened. I just-"

"You're in love with her?" her voice was low.

Austin licked his lips and said nothing.

"Austin answer the question. Do you love her?"

He nodded and looked away, unable to look at the face of his wife. The woman he couldn't even force himself to have strong feelings for.

Mia let out a breath and glanced at the pearls in his hand.

"So this whole time. A year and a half of dating and nine fucking months of planning!"

"I'm sorry." he whispered, his voice laced with sadness.

"So now what? You're gonna leave?"

"Yes and I'm sorry Mia, but I can't lead you on any longer. You'll always have a special place in my heart but not in this lifetime." Tears fell as he choked out the words. Her body shook with loud sobs and Austin pulled her into a hug.

A few moments passed with the two of them in each other's arms.

"I gotta go." Austin whispered.

Mia nodded and pulled away with a sad smile.

Austin shoved the forgotten pearls in his pocket and walked to the door, his hand on the handle.

"We'll call to dissolve the marriage." Austin said, his back to her.

"Of course." Mia replied.

He gripped the handle waiting for her last words.

"I love you Austin," she said, stepping behind him.

He turned and planted a soft kiss on her cheek and removed his ring and pressed it in her hand.

"In another lifetime Mia." was the last thing he said before pulling the door open, the light from the hall flooding the balcony.

All of the guests were silent as he emerged from the dark and Austin disregarded them all and called out to his best man.

"Your car here?"

"Yeah." the man answered.

"Keys please, I'll call."

Prompted by the urgency in Austin's tone, the man fished the keys out of his pocket and Austin rushed towards the exit, desperate and determined to get to you.

He found the car immediately and got in, starting it up. His heart raced as he pulled out of the lot and he sped down the road. Rain had begun to fall and despite the danger of it, Austin drove with speed to your apartment.

He arrived in the nick of time, stopping the car as he saw you loading your things in a taxi cab.

Opening the door, he called you as he stumbled out. "Y/n!"

You looked up and dropped your bag on the ground. The cab driver stifled a sigh.

"Austin?"

He rushed up to you, his suit completely destroyed.

"I'm here to be with you."

You shook your head confused. "Aus, I have a plane to catch, you have a honeymo-"

"No." he interrupted. "We'll catch our own flight tomorrow Y/n because I'll be with you. I want to be with you, I love you."

Shaking your head with a sigh, you held his hand with a sad smile. "But you're married."

A small smile appeared on his face.

"Not anymore, Y/n I'm here for you. And I'm sorry about the way we ended and please let's just try it again. I'll be better, we'll be better!" he exclaimed. "Just us, together."

The tears on your face steadily fell as they mixed with the rain that fell hard from above. "Together?"

Austin nodded eagerly.

"Lady the man loves you," the cab driver said. "Give it another shot."

You both looked at him and smiled.

"Let's do this again." was all you had to say before Austin pulled you into his arms, pressing a kiss to your lips. You kissed him back and this time, the kiss had meaning to it. A new hope, a new chance, a new day to be with him.

The cab driver emptied the cab of your bags and wished you both luck as he drove off.

You pulled away from the kiss, the rain on both of your faces adding a new sensation.

"We're gonna be so sick tomorrow." you laughed.

Austin laughed with you and pressed another kiss to your lips. "Doesn't matter we'll be sick together."

Smiling, you pulled him in one last kiss as you moved to get your bags. Austin helped you and shoved the wet bags in the car. After the bags were all packed, you both got in the car and Austin pulled out.

One of his hands were on the wheel and the other was holding your hand tightly, the grin on his face wide.

"We'll go to a hotel for the night and dry off." he said bringing your hand to his lips for a kiss.  "Then we'll figure something out."

"As long as we're together." you replied, your own smile growing wide.

"Together and forever baby."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

frfr tho if u were mia i'd b fighting bc that's kinda embarrassing

the kiss scene reminds of the scene from 'breakfast at tiffany's"

and thanks to Andreea7Andy for the idea!!

happy reading!!