Chapter 11: Rite of Flames

Byleth, the Ashen Wolves and Camila went to tell Rhea about the current kidnapping of Aelfric and Alfonse.

"So that is what happened..." The Archbishop hummed. "It would seems that Aelfric's abscence would endanger Abyss and not only that... without Alfonse, Camila cannot return to where she came from..."

"About that..." Camila said. "This letter wants us to meet the captors at the Old Chapel and if we are to bring the knights, Aelfric and Alfonse's lives will be forfeit."

"And you do not need to worry about us, Archbishop." Balthus added. "The Professor here has the strenghts of a thousand knights."

"Leave this to me and my sister, Lady Rhea." Byleth said. "We will take responsibility should anything happen to them."

"Very well." Rhea nodded. "I will assign you the side mission of the Rescue of Aelfric and Alfonse. And I will entrust you with the Chalice of Beginnings."

"Wait..." A Knight of Seiros turned to the teal haired woman. "Lady Rhea, this is a prized artifact of the Church! We cannot give it to those... ruffians!"

"I stand by my word." Rhea glared at the Knight of Seiros. "Let us hope a terrible turn of fate does not occur."

"Fate..." Rene muttered to herself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Ashen Wolves returned to their classroom. Byleth was silently reading a book and listening, even if the pages of the book are old and torn.

"Hey, Yuri." Balthus turned to face Yuri. "Why did you come here in the first place?"

"Is this some kind of interrogation?" Yuri glared at Balthus.

"We all have our reasons on why we came here." Hapi explained. "I was locked up because of my 'gift'. Coco lost her home during the Dagda-Brigid war. B is avoiding Bounty Hunters and debt collectors, Astra ran away during the Tragedy of Duscur and Renny spent most of her life in Abyss starting at the age of 2."

"I'm curious about why you arrived to Abyss as well." Aster explained.

"The reason why I came here is because..." Yuri started his backstory. "I killed a bunch of Knights."

"That cannot be!!" Constance gasped.

"Did you have a grudge on the Church?" Byleth asked.

"Of course I didn't." Yuri shook his head, scowling. "Do you take me for a cold blooded killer?" He cleared his throat. "As I was saying... I was appointed at the Officers Academy as the adoptive son of House Rowe, who had connections with Lord Lonato. Suddenly, I was tasked to kill some members of my gang."

"Who is this gang you speak off?" Constance asked.

"They may be some common ruffians to you, Constance." Yuri answered. "Anyway... things got really heated... and the rest is history."

"Anyway... what happened at the Chasm of the Bound?" Hapi explains. "Our Crests were glowing and-."

"I believe I know the answer." Linhardt said as he, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude and Camila appear. "Recently, I discovered something very interesting... the name of the Four Apostles... Aubin, Chevalier, Noa and Thimotheos."

"Erm..." Constance looks down.

"We have no choice but to tell them." Balthus said. "For me, I have the Crest of Chevalier. I was told to keep it a secret when I enrolled to the Officers Academy."

"No way..." Aster thought to herself while Rene stayed quiet, since the latter showed no reaction.

"As for me, I got the Crest of Aubin." Yuri continued. "I still wonder how this Crest came to me..."