Chapter 3: Zanado's bandits

Byleth, Beles, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Camila and Alfonse are reunited with Seteth at the latter's office.

"You already know the mission, but I will repeat it one more time, so pay attention." The Archbishop advisor said. "You are to take out the bandits that threaten the students at the beginning of the School Year. The knights will aide you at your mission. Do not fail the Archbishop."

Seteth left the Office. Camila looked around in confusion, but Edelgard is the first to speak.

"You two are new, so I will answer the question for you." Edelgard said. "During a training camp assignment at the start of the Academy year, We were ambushed by bandits and Claude, Dimitri and I were separated from our classmates."

"Luckily, the Professors and Captain Jeralt were resting on a nearby village and they helped fend off the bandits." Dimitri continued.

"Suddenly, the sky turned blue and an explosion was heard." Claude added. "And that is when we found the both of you."

"I see." Alfonse nodded. "We apologize for startling you during a defensive battle."

"It's fine." Beles added. "The students are our priority and so are you."

"We will do anything to keep them safe." Byleth added.

"As of now, we have free time, so we can train or study at the library." Edelgard said. "Why don't you spend some more time with our classmates?"

"We promise you that they won't bite." Claude winked.

Camila would say that it would be a good idea. Maybe some time with others isn't so bad.

Outside the Monastery, near the dorms, Dorothea is looking for something.

"Where could it be?" She grumbled. "It was near my bed. It can't have gone missing that easily."

She then bumps into Byleth, who was walking by.

"Oh!" She gasped. "My aplogies, Professor. I... didn't see you coming."

"It's fine." Byleth shook his head. "Is something wrong?"

"I... am looking for... a pale blue cloth." Dorothea said. "Not that it's important."

A few seconds of silence occured.

"I'll go tell Manuela." Byleth sighed.

"Thank you, Professor." The brown haired student smiled.

Meanwhille, Camila was looking up at the Cathedral infront of her.

"That place is huge..." She thought. "It would almost make me shiver because of my fear of heights."

Nearby, Ferdinand was looking out the horizon.

"That should suffice." He brushed his hair. "Once I become Prime Minister, I can surely outclass Edelgard."

"Ferdinand?" The brown haired summoner got the orange haired noble's attention.

"Ah." The Black Eagle Student turned to face her. "Summoner. I did not expect to see you."

"The... Empire has a Prime Minister?" Camila tilted her head.

"You must be interested in the Six Ruling houses of the Empire." Ferdinand chuckled. "Pay attention, for this is a long ride. There are six great Noble houses in the Empire. We have Caspar's Father, Count Leopold von Bergliez, the Minister of Military Affairs, Linhardt's Father, Count Waldemar von Hevring, the Minister of Financial Affairs, Bernadetta's Father, Count Grègoire von Varley, the Minister of Domestic Affairs, Duke Achelous von Gerth, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hubert's Father, Marquess Morton von Vestra, the Minister of the Imperial Household, and my father, Duke Ludwig von Aegir, the Prime Minister."