Chapter 10: The Chalice of Beginnings

Linhardt was at Abyss' Library, holding a book, curiousity drawing on him. He had the book focus on one page.

"Linhardt?" Valeria approached her Black Eagle Classmate. "What are you reading?"

"You are not going to believe this, Valeria." The green haired student smiled. "But I just happened to run into a book with history of what happened 995 years ago."

"History?" Valeria scowled. She dislikes reading, hence why she avoids the library.

"Indeed." Linhardt nodded. "You will want to hear this."

Linhardt started reading. The page of the book was torn and almost shredded, but the words were still legible.

"In the Imperial year 185, the construction of Garreg Mach was completed. Saint Seiros held a sacred ritual to honor the occasion. Four saints, known as the Four Apostles, we led to a tranquil place to perform the ritual. They poured their holy essences into the Chalice of Beginnings - a gift from the goddess herself - in hopes of bringing about her second coming. Alas, the Rite of Rising failed…"

He turns the page.

"Bearing the blame for the ritual’s failure, the Four Apostles left the monastery, all but vanishing from the land. The first sought the lush forest of Adrestia’s mountains. The second traversed Fódlan’s Fangs, settling on the ocean’s salted shores. The third traveled to the mountains, vanishing beneath their lofty peaks. And the fourth faded into shadow in a town untouched by day’s light. Lost to history, nothing but legend now remains of the Four Apostles, their offering to the Nabatean chalice, and the goddess who never returned."

"Oh my..." Valeria was interested in the history.

"Chalice of Beginnings..." Linhardt muttered. "Rite of Rising... the Four Apostles... This is going to keep me up all night."

Meanwhille, Camila sighed. She had to dry the blood off her hands since she had to help Aster tend to Alfonse's wounded arm. She was supposed to protect the Prince, but she failed.

"You seem usually worried, Friend." Yuri approached her. "Is it the young prince?"

"You have a sharp eye, Yuu." She stood up. "Too sharp."

"I worry about others." The light purple haired young man crossed his arms. "And why don't you rest for a bit?"

"Thanks, but no thanks." Camila shook her head. "I have to atone for my lack of attention. Especially after what happened to Alfonse."

"I like you for that instinct." Yuri winked. "You really do care for others. I was told that you saved the Little Dove's life during the rebellion against Lord Lonato."

"Ashe is like a little brother to me." The brown haired girl hummed. "And Alfonse and I are currently being targeted... and followed."

"Followed?" Yuri's expression turned to shock. "By who?!"

Camila reluctantly explained her experience with the Kingdom of Niðavellir: the constant invasions of Askr, the deception of Princess Nótt of Jótünheimr by Ótr, the kidnapping of "Kiran", Queen Henriette and Alfonse being held hostage and forced to open the gate by King Fáfnir, the invasion of Embla, Fáfnir being transformed into a monster, The Ambush during Lord Lonato's rebellion and the attack on the Holy Masoleum during the Goddess' Rite of Rebirth.

"Unbelievable..." Yuri growled. "These scum have caused Fodlan so much trouble... and not only that... you are forced to carry that burden."

"Yuu, your anger is intimidating." The summoner gulped.