Chapter 9: The Ashen Wolves

Byleth, Beles, Jeralt, Camila and the few students that came with them arrive to the end of the staircase of the passageway, they see a maze of torched passageways.

"My..." Edelgard gasped. "Not only is this a maze of passageways, but it also leads into a city."

"Passageways and cities below Garreg Mach..." Hilda muttered. "Perhaps this is something my brother has been hearing when he enrolled."

"So Holst also enrolled at the Officers Academy as well?" Claude smiled.

"Of course." The pink haired girl nodded. "Back then, there were tons of rumors of what goes on below Garreg Mach. Something about cities underground, inhabited by really shady people. And it had a really intimidating name too... Hm... what was it again? I think it was called... Abyss?!"

"You're correct!" A voice is heard.

Rene and Aster ran up to them.

"You!" Rene turned to Camila. "You're the one the young man in white is talking about, right?! You better come!"

"You know Alfonse?" Camila tilted her head. "What happened?"

"He... he needs reinforcements." Aster answered. "And you guys are our only option!"

"That Uniform..." Dimitri thought to himself when he saw Rene.

"Lead the way." Byleth commanded. "And tell us what happened."

"Of course." The teal and bright green haired girl nodded. "Follow us."

And so, Rene and Aster lead them to the room with the monster.

[C]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yuri, Constance, Hapi, Balthus and Alfonse were fending off the beast. The monster roared and attacked, all of them missing.

"This is why I do not sigh..." Hapi held out a sigh. "Because if I did... I would endanger Abyss."

"You are not at fault." Constance shook her head while casting Fimbulvertr. "It is the brute Balthus for bringing the young man!"

"Hey!" Balthus half-shouted. "I said I'm sorry!"

Alfonse and Yuri worked together to corner the monster.

Suddenly, an arrow hits the beast in the eye, making it roar in pain.

Alfonse turned around to see that Byleth's group appeared, with Claude firing an arrow.

"Are we late, Yuri?!" Aster asked.

"Nope." Yuri winked. "You are just in time."

"Bernadetta!" Edelgard looked at her classmate. "Bring down that beast!"

"Why me?!" Bernadetta whined. "Fine..."

The lilac haired girl fired three arrows, due to her activation of her Minor Crest of Indech, at the monster, slaying it.

Camila approached Alfonse with a not-so-visibly worried expression on her face.

"Are you hurt?" She asked. "Do you need any healing?"

"I'm fine." Alfonse smiled. "These guys healed me... after a misunderstanding..."

The brown haired girl turned to Yuri and the others.

"I understand that you had no ill intent." She said. "But I am glad you were able to help him..." She looked at Balthus. "Um... B, was it?"

"The name is Balthus." Balthus nodded. "And... thanks for the backup."