Act II • Chapter 17

Lily blinked. "It's you."

"It's been a while, Spider lily."

"A while, indeed." Lily's composure shaken not despite the 12 pair of eyes judging, watching, and observing her every move. "You wish to summon me and I have arrived."

"Yes, and the spiders are very much appreciative of your presence." The head spoke with such control, "now, we ought to cut to the chase yes?"

"Much obliged." She curtly said.

"Spider Lily, a well-known assassin, if not the best, across the globe; silent as a wind and swift as a palcon. Your ability is simply something that should not be wasted." Chrollo cooed, attempting to lure the young with sweet compliments and praises. Unfortunately, Lily hates sugar-coated words most of all. Did I hear him wrong when he said that we should be cutting to the chase... "To put it simply, you want recruit me?"

"Precisely."

"I refuse."

"Wha— the nerve of this kid!?!" Uvogin lashes out and no troupe members stopped him from letting out these words for they felt the same too. Curiosity replaced the displeasure on their faces when Shalnark spoke. "Now, now, Uvogin." He then turned to the assassin, "Greetings Spider Lily, Shalnark here number 6 of the Phantom Troupe. I am a huge fan of your handiwork and how you deal with your clients!" Majority of the spiders threw the guy a raised brow. "And your aura— ah such a powerful essence."

Lily heaved a sigh, "I would prefer if you were to be blunt with me."

Shalnark grinned, "Such an otherworldly skill would be wasted if not used in the right environment, don't you think so too?"

Silence enveloped the hideout. Though the pressure of nothingness never shaken the person of each members present. Lily once again turned her undivided attention to the leader itself and said, "You and your organization managed to save me and for that I gave you a favor. Since my principles clashes that of yours let us compromise, shall we?"

"That is the best I can get out of you?" Lily nodded, "If so, we shall." Chrollo chuckled. "What is your take then?"

Lily gestures, "A spider's anatomy consists of a head, body, and legs. In your case, 12 legs and a head. However, in order to keep those parts intact and alive a spider must have a card that would trap a prey and feed on it." She paused for a moment as she let the head register her words.

Chrollo put a hand under his chin and hummed in thought. His eyes then snapped wide in fraction, "A web."

"Indeed. Just like a web I would support and aid the spider, capture its prey and make it so that it lives its life a lot easier. And just like a web, I would be temporary, I would follow no rules, and would recognize no leader."

"..." Each member looked at each other as their head put on a smile. He reached out a hand towards the assassin as he spoke, "While a web doesn't require a spider, a spider does need a web. Your insight once more enlightened me. Let us make the most of our cooperation, Spider Lily— no. Our web."

The girl returned the gesture as well, "Yes, let us, Chrollo Lucilfer."

X . X . X

"The number badge that Hisoka gave me... I'll return it to him after I punch him in the face!" Gon showed Kurapika, Leorio, and Killua said badge with a fiercely determined expression. The four, after the entire ordeal of Killua and the whole Zoldyck clan, rushed to catch the train so they wouldn't miss their flight. 

"So, where's Hisoka?" Gon merely showed a look of realization, feeling half dumb for not knowing the answer to the most important question of all. Killua sighed, already expected this kind of reaction from his airheaded friend.