Act I • Chapter 12

"Humans are born as selfish and greedy creatures, that's why being kind is what they first needed to learn."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As what was shown in the bracket, Gon and Hanzo were to initiate the final phase of the hunter's exam.

Shine was currently watching the disturbing scene in front of her rather calmly. Gon laying on the ground, his body was beginning to reach its limit after three hours of fighting Hanzo, it was even barely a fight. With Hanzo beating the life out of Gon and Gon resisting the mortal instinct to surrender.

"Juts give up." Hanzo sternly stated as he watched his opponent struggling. They'll just keep being in a cycle if this keeps up, and the ninja was getting tired and frustrated from it. But looking at Gon's never ending determined face, he knew that this battle wouldn't be ending so soon. "No.."

Hanzo grabbed the boy's arm, yanking him up and threw another punch in his guts. The impact let Gon coughed out his own saliva mixed with blood as he clutched his stomach in immense pain.

"Gon!! Just surrender! You'll kill yourself if this keeps on!!" Leorio yelled worriedly for the young boy as he stepped forward but was quickly halted by the bodyguards.

"If you step in, #405 will be disqualified."

"But-!" Kurapika put his hand in front of Leorio, proclaiming him to back down even though he himself was getting distressed with Gon's condition.

"..It's okay..Leorio..." Gon shakily reassured as he tried his best to get up. "I..I can still f-fight..."

Though he did say that, when Hanzo effortlessly passed his leg by the boy's feet, he stumbled. Hanzo then crouched down and held Gon's left arm. "I'll break your arm if you still won't surrender."

Everyone watched in mixed emotion, with some exceptions of course. Killua breathed in and glanced at the girl beside him. She had been quiet during the whole ordeal and the albino boy couldn't tell if it was only because it's in her nature or if she was actually secretly worried.

"You're being too calm about this." He finally said, ignoring his own worry for his boy friend.

"hmm," The girl only let out a hum as Killua snapped his head to the battle happening once he heard Gon's piercing scream and the sound of bone cracking before that. "His body will shut down soon you know." He tremulously said.

"It's all right, he won't die." She easily stated, confusing the young Zoldyck. Taking his bewildered face as a cue to explain, she continued. "That ninja would make sure to not kill him since he will certainly be disqualified for that. Gon is too adamant in his will to not fail the exam and so the ninja would have no choice but to surrender."

Killua raised a brow at this as he asked, "How do you say that?"

Shine side-eyed him. "Let yourself be the judge."

The duo went back to observing the brutal fight, and after a few minutes of Gon resisting, Hanzo's one-sided beating, as well as Leorio's yells of concerns. The atmosphere went from suffocating to a lighter one after Gon was able to get ahold of the situation himself. And just as the albino girl said, the ninja gave up in the end.

Shine looked at Killua who wasn't even trying to hide his obvious skepticism. "You're showing a very interesting expression right now, Killua."