Act I • Chapter 6

"If you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes back"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 13 year old girl and her new friends- i mean, acquaintances, separated their ways as she saw no reason to stick with them.

She jogged her way through the swindlers swamp when she spotted a small silhouette in the fog being held mid air in the neck and the hand who belongs to a tall man with a fair physique from afar. She continue to jog until she identified the two figures. She saw her little acquaintance and the magician.

Without her even knowing, her body began moving towards them. She quickly sprinted her way towards the two who failed to notice her presence due to her unbelievable silent pace. She jumped on Hisoka's back as she was only half of his height, and summoned a dagger pointing at his neck before he could even react and coldly, in her monotone voice, whispered but enough for the two to hear, "Let go of Gon."

Hisoka smirked and side eyed the little girl on his back, he let go of Gon and was about to grab the girl instead, but failed to do so, as she already got off him and had gone to Gon who was grasping for air with both of his palm on his neck.

'why did I save him?... for me to mind other people's business and interfere with it, this is a first. Did I unconsciously save him because I simply see potential in him, or is it because he's one of my benefactors... What is this. I don't understand...!' She kept asking herself in her head but dismissed the thought as the two youngsters attention went to the magician who crouched down their level and spoke in his twisted tone "ahh too bad, well, we can always resume playtime~" he was about to open his mouth again but was cut off with a ringing sound, he pulled out his transmitter.

"Hisoka, you should get back here. we're almost at the site for the second phase." a shaky robotic voice was heard.

"okay, i'll be right there" he then stood up, began walking away but before he did, he turn around and gave them a spine-chilling grin and went with his way.

"Shine-san thank you...but you could've gotten yourself into trouble too." Gon exclaimed as the girl beside him helped him to stand on his feet.

"my body moved on its own..." Gon let out a shaky huff at the girl and forced a grin "at least nothing worse happened, l-let's go, Killua and the others might be waiting for us." She hesitantly nodded as she wondered on why they would wait for them- for her...nonetheless they began jogging to the second phase.

TIMESKIP

The five of them were now together outside the massive gate where the phase two would be taking place. As they were waiting for it to open, Gon told the three boys about what had happened earlier.

"I knew Shine is strong but i didn't think that she's strong- Strong!" Leorio praised as Kurapika hummed in agreement.

"Gon did that really happened?" Killua said with a hint of doubt in his tone.

"It did! Hisoka was strangling me in the air and then before i can even blink, Shine was already pointing a dagger at his neck!" Gon expressed his respect for the talent of the little girl.

"but it was an irrational move, you shouldn't do that again Shine." Leorio scolded her.

Shine just stood on a tree leaning her body weight against it, having no option but to hear the four chatting about her, she didn't liked it nor hated it but she most prefered silence over noises.