Act I • Chapter 4

"TRUST TAKES YEARS TO BUILD, SECONDS TO BREAK AND FOREVER TO REPAIR"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leorio knocked on the door on behalf of all of them. "Anyone home?" Leorio cautiously asked as he turn the door knob. "We're entering."

The moment their eyes adjusted to the darkness, they saw a tall yellow creature holding a woman in the neck and an unconscious man on the floor.

"A magical Creature!" Gon and Leorio said in sync. a Kiriko? Shine thought keeping her calm demeanor as Kurapika spoke "A shape-shifting magical beast, the Kiriko! they can take human form and they're extremely intelligent beasts."

"He's got a woman!" Gon shouted pulling out his fishing rod.

"And the guy on the floor needs medical attention!" Leorio stepped forward and readied his suitcase that was full of medical supplies but before he could even move, the kiriko jumped out of the window with the woman to the forest.

"You guys go ahead. I'lll make sure to treat this guy here!"

"We'll leave him to you Leorio!"

Kurapika, Gon and Shine without any delay followed the Kiriko. The kiriko dropped the woman on the ground when gon was able to land a hit on him, Kurapika caught the woman and stayed with her while the two youngsters continued chasing the kiriko. after running from tree to tree the kiriko suddenly disappeared. Gon and Shine ran opposite directions and soon she felt the presence of the kiriko and caught up with it.

They ran and ran until Shine reached a cliff, she was about to fall but with her fast reflexes she didn't. She quickly summoned a grappling hook and caught it up to a tree as she landed unscathed on the ground.

She felt another presence of a kiriko that was different from the one she was chasing, she looked up on a tall tree as she saw the kiriko and it began to talk.

"For a kid you're pretty quick, didn't expect you caught up with me—" the kiriko was cut off as the girl spoke, "Where's the other one?"

"ha??"

"There are two of you."

There was a moment of silence until she heard the kiriko laugh out loud, 'did i say something funny?'

"it's been ages since someone's been able to tell us apart!" All of them were now outside the house to where the creatures resides.

"You see, the both of them switched places when I lost sight of the husband." Gon stated as Leorio and Kurapika were having a hard time distinguishing who is who.

"Allow us to introduce ourselves, we are the navigators. Our family provides support for the hunter exam." They continued speaking about the locations of hunters exam and offered to help the group of four go to the exam site. But before all of that they pinpointed to the four examinees about their strong points that they were able to show in this phase.

"Kurapika-san, you successfully used the most vague of hints to determine that we aren't a married couple. Kurapika-san demonstrated that he is very knowledgeable. Therefore, he passes." The daughter stated as Kurapika let out a sigh of relief with Gon and Leorio congratulating him.