Act I • Chapter 14

"You did him dirty, Illumi."

Said man looked at her with his usual unexpressive face. "I simply did what's good for him." He said as the girl glanced at him. "I for one never took you as someone who'd be concerned for anyone other than herself, Lily. So to say, this is quite an amusing sight."

She stared. "You're misunderstanding things here. I wasn't talking about Killua."

"Ohh, then..." Illumi raised a brow. "Is it Gon? That's weird. I don't remember inflicting a  scratch on his body, quite the contrary actually." He mumured while eyeing the ugly bruise inflicted just currently on his wrist part.

Shine blinked and looked away. A hunter license was her reward for all of the energy she had spent these past two weeks. Her physical strength was put into the test (to which she had effortlessly passed with flying colors). A little bit of nen drilling and she's set to resume her world career. Speaking of her line of work, she really should inquire the sum of money from her previous pays before she got locked up in that nen-shrouded coffin.

Gon's smile slowly thinned when he noticed Killua's big brother beside his friend. The piercing atmosphere from earlier was rooted from Illumi after all he did to Killua.

The moment Gon had woken up from being knocked out, Satotz immediately briefed him of how things played throughout his unconsciousness. And knowing that Killua was clearly being manipulated by Illumi but wasn't able to do anything to stop it from happening, it frustrated and angered Gon even more.

Just seeing Killua's (supposed) big brother made his entire body quiver from controlled bitterness.

Kurapika and Leorio worriedly glanced at Gon when he suddenly halted his steps. Following the young boy's gaze, they too tensed. Nevertheless, the three of them carefully advanced towards the two mysterious figures. Actually, make that three.

"Shine-san!" Gon grinned, receiving a curt nod from the girl before turning his gaze to her right, his face turning sour. "Gittarackur." Gon said sternly. Unaware that the name was nothing but a disguise and ignoring the magician beside them. "Tell me where Killua is."

"Are you really gonna try and get him back?" Illumi asked back. Facing Gon and the other two teens behind the boy. "I think that's a bad idea."

Gon clenched his fist and yelled. "I don't care what you think! Killua is my friend. I'll get him back, I swear!" He huffed.

Illumi appeared unresponsive as ever as he pointed behind Gon. "Do they also think the same?"

Gon turned back just to see Kurapika and Leorio smiling somehow in a serious way. "You bet we do."

Seeing this, Illumi put a hand under his chin and hummed in thought. Shine (who wanted nothing more than to eat something sweet before plopping her head on a fluffy pillow), interfered. "Kukuroo mountain."

"Huh?"

The girl glanced at the eldest Zoldyck when she felt his chilling gaze on her. Still in his thinking position. "What? Heading there is not a mere walk in the park for people who are not related to your family. Telling them does not mean that they can enter the abode casually."

"My, my, how amusing your psyche really is, little sunshine~." Hisoka chimed in after being silent for so long. "This is the most I have ever heard you speak." He attempted to put a playful hand on her shoulder but was swiftly dodged, making him chuckle.

"Stay. Away. From. Me."

Illumi sighed helplessly getting back the attention on him. "Well, Lily does have a point.." Gon stared at Illumi straight in the eyes. "Kukuroo mountain.. Got it. Thanks." He then looked at the girl being teased by Hisoka. "Shine-san, do you want to come with us to rescue Killua?"