Act I • Chapter 7

"Fools are those that believe smiles are a sign of happiness"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were forty-two remaining applicants left. They were now back inside the airship that will take them to the third phase of the hunters exam.

Shine made her way to the dining hall where meals and snacks could be found. opening the door to the dining room, she walked towards the sweets area, grabbing a whole mocha cake, some chocolate bars and a cup of matcha tea and sat down on an empty table.

It has been ages since she ate her favorite type of food, yes- she may not look like it but she's a dessert person. eating another spoonful of cake under her veil, she felt someone staring at her in the corner of her eye. she acted casually still and side eyed the person who was watching her, it was the magician- Hisoka. his grin grew wider as they locked eyes, Shine felt uncomfortable with this guy. it was like everything about him was bad news. She wasn't scared though, she was just being cautious. She then returned back to eating her delicious cake and after that she went out of the room and scouted the airship.

After a few walks, she saw Gon and Killua sitting by the window happily talking to each other. She paid no heed to them and continue walking until she heard Gon call her. "Shine! where are you going?" She turn around to face them and spoke "scouting."

Gon then got up and ran towards her and grab her arms towards where he and Killua sat. "you don't have anything else to do right? join us~" She saw no point in refusing since she didn't have anything to do either, so the three of them sat down and enjoyed the sky view.

The silence was broken when Gon spoke, "ne Shine, Killua, where are your mom and dad?"

Killua first answered "They're alive, probably."

"hmm what do they do??" Gon asked.

"They're assassins."

"Both of them?"

Killua looked at Gon and laughed "That's your first reaction? HAHAHAHA you really are a riot!"

Gon looked at his friend with a what's-so-funny-face.

"you're the first person who's ever seriously responded like that...I'm from a family of assassins, ever heard of Zoldyck? yep, that's them(us)"

'Killua Zoldyck, no wonder he's familiar. I've seen him playing from afar whenever I go to the Zoldyck's estate...' Shine thought as she was continued listening to the two boys chatter.

"heeeh, what about you Shine?"

Without looking away from the sky view Shine answered him casually "They're dead."

"why did they die?" this time Killua asked her.

"I killed them." There was a moment of silence as Gon hesitantly asked. "Why did you kill them?"

before Shine could even respond, she felt someone glare at them and looked to the direction where she felt it, Killua and Gon soon noticed it a second later as they too look in the same way but found nothing. Shine then quickly turned her head in the opposite direction after she felt the same presence that glared at them. A voice then was heard from there.