Act I • Chapter 11

"DO NOT LET YOUR SHADOW WALK YOU, YOU ARE NOT A SLAVE OF THE PAST"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why do you want to become a hunter?"

"I'm not particularly interested in becoming a hunter~ but a hunter license can be very useful."

"Oh, any examples?" Netero asked.

Hisoka grinned. "Well for example~ Hunters usually can't be punished when they kill someone."

The chairman hummed. "I see. Then I'll move on to the next question. Which of the other nine applicants are you keeping an eye?"

"#406." The magician started. "#405 and #99 also caught my eye but #406 comes first."

Netero stared as the magician began chuckling. "hmm, which of the other nine applicants would you least want to fight?"

Hisoka put a hand under his chin. "That would be #405, although #99 is also up there. I don't want to fight them right now. If you're asking whom I least want to fight at this moment my answer would be #405."

"I understand.." Netero nodded as he scribbled down the answers Hisoka gave on a notepad.

The magician grinned from ear to ear as he spoke, accidentally letting out his bloodlust. "I should also mention that the one I want to fight the most at this moment is you~"

Netero scratched his head nonchalantly, not even phased the slightest bit of Hisoka's deadly bloodlust. "Okay, nice job! You're excused."

Hisoka frowned at the gesture of the old man, nonetheless, he stood up and left the room.

X . X . X

One by one, the remaining applicants were intervied the same way. It was currently Pokkle, #53's turn.

"I'm watching out for #404. He looks to be the most balanced applicant left." He continued, "I definitely don't want to fight #44, to be honest I doubt I can defeat him."

Next was Killua, #99.

"Has to be Gon and Shine, since we're almost the same age." The young Zoldyck answered. "I don't want to fight #53, I don't think it'd be a very fun fight. I also don't want to fight Shine, I see her as my senior of some sort."

Followed by Bodoro, #191.

"I've got my eye on #44, you can't help but notice him." The martial artist closed his eyes as he continued. "#405, #99 and #406 are still children, I can't bring myself to fight them."

#301, Gittarackur came after.

The Zoldyck in disguise robotically looked to his side. "#99." Then to the other. "#44, #406."

Gon, #405 was soon called.

"Who am I watching out for?..." He frowned, "#44, Hisoka. A lot has happened, so he's the one most on my mind." The boy then smiled as he resumed. "#99, #406, #403, and #404. I can't choose those four!"

#294, Hanzo was in next.

"It has to be #44. He's the most dangerous one here. And he's also the one I least want to fight"

Kurapika, #404 carried on.

"I'm watching #405 for positive reasons, #44 for negative reasons, and #406 for neutral reasons." He spoke. "if I'm given a reason, I'll fight anyone. Otherwise, I would prefer not to fight at all."

#403, Leorio was right after.

"#405, I owe him and I hope that he passes the exam. So I'm hoping I don't have to fight #405."