Ch.26 | The Battle

Days pass, months accumulate, and noseless people surface. 

Uncle Bahamut kept quiet, he is probably aware of what will happen in a few hours and let me get some breathing room. Otherwise, this would have been a doozie. 

It was finally time. 

[Quest issued!]

[Description: Take the philosopher's stone before Voldemort]

[Reward: Random Skillbook, Random Item]

The quest wasn't exactly hard, but the rewards did feel lackluster. With a sigh, I accepted the quest and moved on to the operation. 

According to the books, there were a total of seven chambers with trials that would have to be overcome if they wished to get to the philosopher's stone, and then an added secret eighth trial. I grabbed my wands and several other materials before getting up from my bed. It was night-time outside and I was ready to rumble.

"I could bring you straight to the room" Helena sent a message straight to my head. I grinned and crossed my arms.

"The look on Dr. Noseless' face would be priceless if I got ahead of him and managed to arrive before he did without needing to do any of the work..." I tapped my fingers and grinned, "simultaneously, I really want to go through these chambers myself. What can I say, I'm a totally awesome and hard-working dude."

"In other words, you will go through the chambers and add more things for those wanting to enter to worry about."

"Precisely!" I told her, grabbing several blueprints from my inventory. I cackled at the majestic magical and runic architecture inscribed in them. I had gone above and beyond for it and was overwhelmingly happy about it. 

"Are you not going against your own rule of not delivering self-harm or damaging property?" I rose an eyebrow. 

"Hey! I'll repair everything damaged afterward! So it doesn't count!" I cracked my knuckles and grinned, "Also Voldemort likes to kill children, I think the harming rule can be brushed aside the slightest bit."

"So? What does your plan entail?" Helena asked, I could feel a little bit of curiosity come from her magic message. I put a hand on my chin and hummed, wondering whether I should tell her or not.

Of course, I opted with not telling her.

I quickly found myself in the Gryffindor common room. I used my necklace which made others steer away from my presence, acting as a mobile bounded field. At the same time, I had a bracelet that made me harder to notice and a ring that could temporarily make me invisible. To top it all off, I had my sneak skill which could easily go through any and all through presence concealment. I couldn't help my giggle when I walked through the room. 

"Well, well, well... how the turntables." One of the chairs of the common room turned, showcasing Neville. He had his arms crossed and stared at me in disappointment. I was mostly curious as to how he managed to even notice my presence. "Herbology." he showed me an amulet made from a variety of plants. "These are plants that temporarily negate spells by absorbing them alongside potions, they are typically used to treat people and are very rare... thankfully I managed to nab some when we visited your house."

I cursed under my breath and then grinned, "Are you going to stop me, Neville?" I asked. Neville looked up and down at me, then narrowed his eyes. 

"I stopped Harry, Hermione, and Ron a few minutes ago. What makes you think I can't stop you?" he asked, crossing his arms. I created an illusion of me where I stood, turning myself invisible simultaneously before walking to Neville's back and touching his shoulder. Those herbs might have been strong enough to undo the weak effects of my amulets -- which is still impressive considering Neville just started learning Herbology -- however, if I maximized my illusion magic, there wasn't much he could do against it.