Ch. 22 | The Blessing

================================================================================================================================================================

[User will receive rewards shortly]

I stared at the screen with little anticipation, I had so many different skill books and random boxes in my inventory anything more at this point would be excessive. I could open those boxes for the new skills, but I'd rather max out all the skills I have right now, they're problematic by themselves already. There were a lot of them that I had to research thoroughly to see possible skill combos I could do or some which I didn't quite understand so I had to delve deeper into them. My progress was mostly impeded by my focus on my sacred gear -- its endless repertoire of magic spells made it essentially the only offensive skill I needed apart from [Prana Burst] and [Moonlight Sword Style].

'Maybe I should start focusing on some of my other skills, [Craftsmenship] and [Mastery Of Nen] should be interesting to master, I wonder what kind of whacky stuff I could do with them,' I put a hand on my chin and thought of how much faster the process of making Helena a functioning artificial body would be if I had [Craftsmenship] and [Philosopher's Transmutation] maxed. 'It's probably be done by the end of this year... had I the plans ready!'

"Y/n Sapphyryus, could you kindly make your way to the ballroom where you will receive your reward!" 

I blinked and noticed I had just been standing in the middle of the corridor to the change room. I sighed and changed my clothes to my formal attire which consisted of a white blazer with a lilac inside which went to the lapel and then switched to a white. The buttons were of the same light purple color. My shoes... they were just my school shoes...

I got out of the changing room undoing the last button of the black shirt I was dressed in under, was the last button made by sadists? How could anyone wear that and not be choked? 

"Y/n Sapphyryus, could you kindly make your way to the ballroom where you will receive your reward! Are you there?" 

'Shit, I'm gonna be late!' I thought, running from the arena, "Helena, make me a passage to the ballroom!" I thought turning to the closest wall and seeing nothing happen, 'Right... she's not here.' I thought with a sigh as I turned back to the hall and sprinted forwards. It took a few minutes to finally reach the ballroom, 'Why'd they make the corridors so darn long?!'

"You're late!" I heard a sweet but "I'll punish you later" tone coming from my right, I turned my head and saw my mother... I was screwed for the afternoon, I truly have to be grateful that we are in a public space. Were we not in one she'd make me climb Everest with weights and no support or help. 

I heard some footsteps come towards me and turned my head, it was mom's brother, the silver-haired, blue-eyed man. He was wearing a white suit like my own, except his buttons, inside and lapel were an ocean blue. He put a hand on my head and then ruffled my hair a bit. "No harm done right Sil?"

"I'm his mother, education is my job."

I looked away slightly nervous as to what she could be concocting for punishment, I turned to her brother and he grinned. "Why doesn't he spend some time with his uncle instead?" I looked towards mom, she looked deep in thought, but finally gave in and nodded, agreeing.

"Fine... now mind finishing the celebration?" she asked, I knit my eyebrows and looked at him.

'[Observe]' I thought, an error screen appeared and my eyes widened as I was brought to a realm of darkness. There was nothing here, only a void of darkness, I felt a shiver go down my spine as I felt a warm breeze come from above. I looked up and looked at two giant pairs of ocean blue eyes staring down at me. I froze and felt myself slowly sink down below in the darkness. As I slowly sank I saw a snout come out from the darkness as it opened. Its teeth, each twice my size shinned in the darkness.