52. Fate

There was a time I thought, my mission was to become Queen. Fight to survive as a pawn, and if I did, my next work was my subjects. With Caspian by my side, as we combat it all.

But it seemed fate had other plans. I mean, here am I, trying to settle and create a home in the castle.

Yet...up till now...it becomes so difficult.

Every step becomes impossible, each second...each minute.

"Tell us, Jaskier. Tell us how the people of Demon Scavengers' ordered your father, to kill one of the twins, on the day of the prophecy." Ada let out, with her head held up high, with an essence of power.

"Of how I was pitied in the woods, thus, he hid me instead of ripping my heart out." she added.

"Lady Ada, I'm afraid this is not the right time for her to know the tru- "

"I assure you it is." she breathed out, tucking a strand of her dark hair, behind her ears. "Cause at this point, our dear Ava might be blinded by her love with the beast. She's being consumed by it, while we watch."

At Ada's words, my heart raced impatiently. My eyes were still glued to the chest, each instant, making sure it never left my sight.

How exactly did Jaskier, come back all by himself?

Didn't he leave with Caspian to get Master Zu?

I swallowed, with a protective hand around my belly.

Little pup... hang in there.

Mummy's going to keep you safe. From this chaotic world, I promise.

"Milady," Jaskier stepped towards me, with a slight bow. A sinisterly and off-vibe presence, around him. "If you remember correctly, I made you know we were linked by destiny. And no matter how much you try, we'll always come across each other." he added.

I nodded at his words. "Yes, you did, Jaskier." With a trust-worthy expression, I answered. "What about it? Why would did you tell me that back then?"

The King's personal guard, slowly got up from his feet. He became silent for a moment. His eyes, looked like they were lost. Lost, yet, searching. In a pool of doubts. I couldn't help but notice.

"Is he being controlled?" My wolf asked. "Perhaps from an unknown entity from this cunning Lady Ada?"

No, I don't think so.

I narrowed my eyes at Jaskier, when Ada stood up, taking a slight stroll freely, around the office chambers. Her white fabric sweeping the floor gloriously at each delicate step. However, her own eyes which were similar to mine, wore a sharp look. Ada's eyes didn't bat or show indications that she was telling lie.

"Destiny," she suddenly intervened, like she was already prepared for his silence.

"Is inevitable. It could be kicked, buried, but it always has a way of crawling back to its roots."

"Haven't you ever asked yourself why I've always been a shadow in the castle? An unseen eye that sees everything?" Jaskier suddenly uttered, picking up his words, strangely. "Trusted servant of the King, a vicious beast and a damage to humanity- "

"He's not a beast." I cut him off, saying in defense to divert their attention. I had to figure out a way of leaving here, with the chest. They weren't sincere...

"A beast kills without reasons, but he doesn't. Caspian's someone with a heart. Accord him with that respect." I seethed, feigning to be entirely pissed.

"Ava, that's not the point—"

"I won't have anyone disrespect him!" I yelled instantly, at Ada with my toe nails and fingers extending paws and claws.