35. Heated Room

Ava's Pov

The strange woman left afterwards. I could have stopped her, but I didn't have time to. She seemed to be in a rush.

I replayed her words, however, to decide what to do.

Chest.

She knew I seeked a chest.

Postponing seeing Emily, felt like the right thing to do now. I need to find Caspian, and ask about her.

"Nynaeve."

I muttered, clenching my gown.

Her name was Nynaeve. Did the beast really summon her for me?

What were this woman's abilities? Just why did I get a flash of a gory war scene?

"I need answers." I said to myself, deciding on what to do.

I made my way to the beast's chambers. Jaskier was nowhere to be found. And instead, two other guards stood at the entrance of his room.

"My Knight." One voiced out with a bow.

"I need to see the King."

"He's not in his room, My Knight. You can check for yourself." he replied, directing his hands towards the door.

I hastily opened the door and went in. I searched everywhere. Including his bathroom and bed arena.

There was nothing.

I came out quickly, directing my head to both guards.

"Where is he?" I asked instantly.

"In the private training room."

My eye brows cringed at his words. I didn't remember ever hearing of that since my stay here.

"Take me there." I ordered.

The minute we arrived, I sighted Jaskier right at the entrance of the room.

"Milady." he said with a bow.

Remembering his last deeds, I ignored him with an attempt to walk in the door.

But he arose to hold me, from the corner. I instantly dodged his hold, tackling him in defense. He moved to hit me with his leg but I obstructed the movement with mine immediately.

Pinning him on the ground, and emptying his sword from its sheath.

"A little sneaky, are we Jaskier?" I said slyly.

"Though I learned first, your skills amaze me." he groaned out, answering. His face in a smile.

"Why do you choose to stop me from going in?" I asked.

"The King wants to left alone. I am only doing my duty as his personal guard."

I sighed at his words, before kicking away his sword angrily. I let him go and he reached to aim for it.

I immediately used that opportunity to go inside the room.

As soon as I got in, I stopped in my tracks the minute my eyes connected with Caspian, at distance.

He looked serious.

Boxing.

Sparring with the bag.

Hitting.

Kicking the it, until he tore it away. But another was just beside. Which he replaced it with, doing the same thing again. All over, again and again.

His muscles, clenching hard and flexing, as he did so. Veins spread out his skin, which was glistened in sweat. I tightened my legs, at the reaction of my wolf, purring at him unconsciously.