47. Halves

Being able to help with his scars... and him with mine, is the best feeling ever. I love him, that's what matters –

Ava King

---

---

"It's our wedding night remember?"

At my words, I kissed him on the forehead while he entered my bosoms with my hands wrapped around him tightly.

A gust of wind blew from outside, rolling a vase off the cupboard. Thus, affecting his long dark hair, which moved in tune with mine.

"Yes, it is, mate."

He muttered, kissing me back. This time, on my lips though. It was...gentle, soft, and...

My thoughts stopped when I saw tears flowing freely from his eyes, as he dimmed it shut. The room, totally dark. Could have sworn I felt a part of my heart break.

"It's okay now, I'm here." I sweetly said. "We would make her pay. We would make Lady Archer happy from her grave..."

"We would. We have to,"

Caspian stood up from my bosoms, saying and, taking my chin in his hands. Though healed, it was trembling swiftly.

At his sudden movements, my thoughts were recomposed.

"Yes..." In a husky tone, I let out.

Recalling everything thus far, this time, it imprinted vividly in my mind. Foggy, yet clear, if that made sense.

The girls who were killed.

The second I was attacked and left to die.

His mum... her red crimson hair; like a velvet.

Nynaeve's words about Lydia's sin.

Gosh...his father. Mine too. And mum's blindness to a whole perspective. It was all too much, so much that I wished it would go away.

Tears flickered my eyes when I thought of Tabitha. My heart broke when I remembered Emily.

"Let me deal with it, little Ava." My wolf, said, surfacing. She was here again, and I let her. The instant I did, my fangs elongated uncontrollably. It was indeed the fastest time range, I had shifted.

I looked up, only to be met with Caspian's dark and alluring gaze.

"Grooowwwwll!!!!" something rumbled.

It was then I realized, it was his beast's rumbling and the same thing had happened to him.

He was surfaced in seconds— a black creature several feet taller than mine. Huger, with a blemished and an eye sore of a face...but I saw through him. I saw through that.