36. Love and Hurt in Mines

King Caspian’s Pov

My face wore a frown, so did my lips which tilted in support. I stood up in haste, from my chair, wearing my royal robe.

“Going somewhere already? I just got here. That is absolutely no way to welcome your little brother,” he added his words.

“I do not have time for your small talks, Alcander. I need to be somewhere.”

“More.Important.” I gritted out, in addition.

My mate.

She said I hurt her all the time. It made me wonder since when?

How long had I been hurting her? How long had she been bottling it up? Didn’t I tell her of her worth to me? All this power…it didn’t matter. I could risk it all for her.

“I came from afar, you know. With a royal entourage, from my Kingdom. I won’t have you walking out on me.” Alcander said, with his hands taking a hold of my shoulders. That made me halt in my spot.

My nose flared, and my beast surfaced, giving him a flaming glare. “This is crossing the limits! How dare you stop my movement?”

My hands moved to hit his face, with my fist but he dodged it with a smirk on his face. He gripped my inner white shirt. Knowing his intentions, I moved to use my speed but it was too late.

He already transported us to another place entirely.

It was an ability he stole, by wearing a bangle of a powerful god and eliminating him afterwards with a bit of trickery. Alcander had always been like a fox, cunny; a deceiver.

“Now what?”

He said, standing tall at me in distance. From the fierce landing, I had rolled on the sand, with it coating over my body. A typical human would probably have passed out.

But a beast could surely withstand…

“I should be making that statement, Alcander.” I said in a bored tone. “You brought me here, remember? And of all places? The road to the Mines? Better be not what I think.”

I dusted the amount of sand I could, positioning my robe correctly and coughing out from the specks in the air.

“Not what you think? What do you think, I’m here for her, again? With you? It was because you went all animalistic on me.” he stated. “And this was the first place I could think of.”

Lies, lies.

We both knew but I decided not to press it on anyway.

“You stopped me from seeing someone I intended to. Someone special to me, which you had no right to!” I answered with an angry growl, with the thoughts of Ava.

I had been so much of an ass to her for so long. I wonder what she thought of me, as I hurt her.

“Oh brother, I know you. What’s more important than the throne you’ve slaved to build for centuries? Or the legacy?”

He also enclosed his step, saying. “General Caspian, Royal Adviser Caspian, King Caspian. This is not you,” he commented, stating all of the ranks I’ve been in my years of living.

“You know nothing!” I roared, connecting my fists with his jaw.

“Know nothing? Of course, I do. I’m your brother remember?” he spat out. “I know everything about you. Your scars, your personality and your nature. The main reason you chose to scorn and banish me from your Kingdom—”