19. Royal Emperor and Dark Pasts

Song above to be played for this chapter(make sure to play:( :)
King Caspian's Pov

"Milord, I sent the message. Lady Ava would be here in a few minutes."

Jaskier, my personal guard said with a bow.

"Okay thanks."

I said, sitting down in deep thoughts as he left through the door, closing it behind him.

Why won't she accept to be my concubine?

Why doesn't she want me to protect her anymore? Why is she so stubborn?

With these thoughts, I stood up pacing back and forth in my chambers.

"I want mate."

"I miss her sweet scent and want to hold her in my hands."

My beast grumbled, threatening to take over.

"Quiet, would you? Can't you see I summoned her already?"

He won't rest until our mate was safe with us. Until she was protected from the games.

Not that I couldn't forcefully take her. But doing that, would send some dung flies around.

Father would awake from the sea, and come to create chaos. Even though he wasn't the King, he had so much power. Thanks to his evil deeds of eliminating the Dragon Emperor of the Sea, he claimed the crown long time ago.

"Make it snappy!"

I ignored him, still pacing and thinking.

I didn't want to put Ava at risk. That was why I let her go for now. Till I figured out another plan to protect her, except making her my concubine.

"The damn prophecy, of a chosen one ending an oncoming war between districts."

I wondered what that was about and why she in it?

Something distracted my thoughts that instant. My wolf suddenly began to smell Sea water. I crunched my nose at the smell, which was backed up with a powerful aura.

"Royal Emperor of the Sea, Teta approaches!"

I heard Jaskier announced from outside.

I widened my eyes immediately as father barged in the door with a displeased expression on his face.

"F-father, you're here? You didn't tell me you were coming,"

I expressed, with a wide grin pretending to be happy at his arrival. I moved to hug him but he returned my greetings with a hand stretched out between us, preventing me from hugging him.

I knew he definitely came for war.

"What's going on, son? I expected to see someone breeding your heir already."

He remarked in an impatient tone.

Even though he didn't rule this Kingdom anymore, he cared deeply for the successor that will be taking over.