15

4th July 1986

"No Kimberley, I've heard enough. You aren't going. You haven't spent a night with me once since he moved in next door!" Kimberley's mother shouted

"Oh come on, mom!" Kim whined

"Kimberly Blake Moore, you are not going to that party, and that's the end!"

Her mother spoke before turning around to resume preparing dinner.

Before stomping off to her room, Kimberley pulled a face in the direction of her mother's back.

How fair was that? I'm fifteen, for goodness' sake!

Because her mother wouldn't let her leave, kim slumped to her bed in frustration.

Kim soon fell asleep as a result of her eyes feeling heavy.

12:30 am

Suddenly, loud music from next door woke up Kimberley, causing Kim to groan.

Kimberley hurriedly got up and headed for her mother's room. When she saw that her mother was sleeping, she had the brilliant idea to go to the party secretly.

Kimberly hurried back to her room and rapidly changed before hurrying silently down the stairs and unlocking the door.

Kim followed music.

When Kim pushed through Rivers' front door, she was met with a scene of drunken teenagers and the aroma of marijuana and alcohol flooded her senses.

A intoxicated woman calling out "kimmy" ran toward Kimberley and hugged her tightly.

the stench of alcohol hit her even harder.

"I'm happy you came here" Rain welcomed

Kim replied by laughing.

"Where's river?"

Rain looked at her when kim's voice was heard.

"what?" She yelled above the raucous music.

"Where is River?" Kim responded with a shout.

"I don't know he's a mystery man,"She replied laughing intoxicatedly.

"Let's go get a drink, come on" Kim felt Rain drag her arm into the packed kitchen.

Despite not wanting to drink, Kim caved in as she watched Rain pour her a drink.

"here!" She handed her the freshly poured drink, and kim said, "Thanks," removing the cup from her hands.

Kim took a quick taste and made a frown because the beverage had far too much alcohol compared to soda.

Rain chuckled at Kim's screwed up expression before saying, "Hey, Eric!"

A tall boy with dirty blonde hair eventually emerged after she dragged his name out, "ericccc."

Eric said, "rain."

Rain greeted me with a smile and said, "meet my friend Kim."

Eric gives a gentle "hey" smile.

"Hey," Kim said.

"Do you know where my darling brother is?" Rain said

"I last saw him upstairs," he replies, causing kim to nod in agreement.

Kim said, "excuse me, I need to go upstairs."

She pushed past the group of intoxicated guys, She felt sick to her stomach when she smelled alcohol, but she continued in climbing the stairs.

She finally reached the top of the steps while making an effort to avoid slamming into anyone there.

She went to Rivers' room, thinking maybe he was practising his guitar. He might have been writing, drawing, or-

"oh my god." Kim suddenly uttered

"crap kimmy." River swiftly murmured while trying to cover himself,

Kim had just walked in on Vivienne giving river a blow job, she couldn't believe what she had seen.

River was aware of the abuse and hardship Vivienne inflicted on her. He was aware of it!

"Kim" river spoke with some difficulty.

Vivienne sat with a smile on her face.

She was speechless and stunned and didn't know what to do.

"I'll knock next time," she spoke as she left the room.

River yelled, "kim!" as she pushed between people to get downstairs.

She had become disoriented and lost all memory.

As soon as she arrived at the door, she quickly opened it and then quickly closed it.

a drunk teen spoke, "Woah little woman."

Kim paid no attention and kept moving forward, creeping back into her home.

She slowly made her way to her room

without her mother's knowledge

Kim had just closed her door, as she sank to the floor, she was trembling in sorrow. this can't be.

If she hadn't discovered this would he have just hide it? Was she just being spiteful?

River was screaming and crying at Vivienne when Kimberly glanced up and discovered her drapes weren't closed.

Kim was hurt and didn't care.

Before collapsing into her bed and letting her tears flow, she closed her blinds.