10

27th June 1986

embarrassment.

heartbroken.

dumb.

That's the simplest way to label Kimberley's emotions: she was heartbroken believing he genuinely cared and would show up, and she felt foolish thinking anyone cared about her.

She couldn't stand seeing his face, let alone going to school with him.

She stayed in bed until her alarm went off, just thinking.

"Kimberley!" She heard a voice.

"kimmy," she heard again, the y being pulled out gently as she went through the door, her mother's eyes meeting hers.

"School," her mother said simply.

"Mom, I've got a terrible headache," kim complained as she slumped back into her bed.

"Kim, you'll be fine, get-" she was quickly cut off.

"I think I'm going to puke!" kim exclaimed as she dashed past her mother and into the bathroom, swiftly locking the door behind her.

She began making fake throwing up noises that making sure it was loud enough so her mother could hear.

When she heard her mother approaching the door, she came to a halt.

"are you okay?" She heard a knock and hastily flushed the toilet before standing up.

"I'm not feeling well, Mom," Kim spook.

"OK, go back to bed." She turned around and returned to her bedroom to dress.

Knowing she wouldn't have to see River until Monday, kim felt relieved.

"Oh, and Kim?" her moms voice spoke.

"yeah, Mom?"

"the phoenix's invited us over for dinner tonight" She spoke before returning to whatever she was doing.

Kim felt her heart in her throat and thought to herself, "No, this can't be happening."

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

——————————

i know this is a short chapter but i swear the other one will be a lot longer!! ❤️