God knows how much time it will take to get what he wants. It's been almost two months and he couldn't even make any moves. 

She was supposed to be allured by him till now. But the whole time she came here, didn't even acknowledge his presence. 

He, on the other side, is constantly looking at her to meet her eyes for once, as if seeking validation.

No. This can't be continued. He has to make some moves. He shouldn't care how many stupid friends she has made or who came to drop her… That's insignificant. His goal is to woo her and then get her into his bed for once. That's it. 

" Shefali, you and Paro have your dinner here. I am arranging the table." 

Adi heard her mom saying to her aunt. 

Now that's a good idea. Everyone will be busy for a while now. Probably he can have an opportunity to talk to her. He felt delighted.

" Actually aunty, I already had mine." Paro said meekly.

Adi clenched his jaw in irritation. This girl!

He was about to answer something she would not like but his mom beat him to it.

" It's ok, Paro. You can have a bowl of soup."

" But aunty.." she again stated.

" Paro it's fine. Eat whatever you can."

 Her aunt replied.

Without opposing anymore she nodded meekly.

Kavita and Bidisha can you please help me to arrange the table? 

" Yeah sure.". Both of them said together.

 Seeing everyone leaving for the kitchen, Adi stood up from his seat to go and talk to her.

" Adi, weren't you saying that you were feeling tired? Why don't you go and freshen up?" Sameer said loudly, probably to gain everyone's attention.

Listening to him, Adi's mom looked back. 

Yeah right! You haven't even changed your clothes. Go and freshen up dear. Food will be ready by then." She said affectionately.

" Yeah, mom! I was just leaving." Turning back he started taking up the stairs, not before giving his best friend a deadly look.

But Sameer maintained his neutral look as if he didn't do anything.

Taking a glance at her, Adi went to his room.

" Urghhh!!" 

Entering the room Adi threw away his phone and yelled in frustration.

Nothing was working out in his favor and he wasn't getting any help from anyone either!

That fucking best friend of his had to spoil the only chance he got to talk to her after so many days. 

He couldn't understand why Sameer even cared about her.

He never interfered with his personal matters before. Then what exactly changed? Pulling his hair with both of his hands he took some long breaths to calm down his mind.

Nodding his head in disappointment he entered the washroom to take shower. He needed to think properly with a calm and composed mind.

……

Sitting in the large living room for the last 10 minutes Paro was feeling awkward. After the whole day, she was hella tired. All she wanted to do was hug her bed and be drawn to sleep. But here she was stuck, extremely bored by sitting alone. 

She wasn't exactly alone. Sameer was also there. After exchanging some formal words, both of them didn't know how to keep the conversation going. Good for her! She wasn't in any mood of chattering either.

Seeing him busy on his mobile she stood up and went into the kitchen. 

" Aunty." She called Shefali who was busy making something.

All three pairs of eyes were on her.

" I need to use the washroom." She spoke out.

" Oh! Let me show you." Bidisha came out from the kitchen followed by Paro.

" Here, this side" she showed her the way. Suddenly her phone started ringing.

" Paro the washroom is at the right corner. Can you please go by yourself? My husband is calling. I need to take the phone." She looked at her with a pleading expression.

" Of course Bhabi.(Sis-in-law). I can manage." Paro smiled at her.

Thanking her, Bidisha left.

Entering inside the washroom Paro was amused. It was even bigger than her bedroom. Her curious eyes kept roaming around. She could see her own reflection on the Italian marble flooring. Ultra-modern bathing appliances were only enhancing beauty.

" Rich people!" She sighed.

After finishing her business she was about to get out when her eyes fell on the larger than life mirror on the opposite wall. 

Taking her steps towards she stood in front of it. Her tired self was looking back at her. Using two of her fingers she tugged both corners of her lips slightly upwards. The girl in the mirror reciprocated her action.

When was the last time she smiled genuinely? When was the last time she actually felt happy?

She couldn't remember. It's been a long time. 

Suddenly her mind went back to the evening. Ishita was already her good friend but Risabh! His presence alone is enough to lift anyone's mood. He leaves no stone unturned to make her smile whenever he gets a chance. Even in the restaurant all of them kept laughing seeing his antics. He is one of a kind. 

A genuine smile made its place on her lips. Her fingers kept brushing through her hairs untangling the knots.

" You?" 

Hearing a deep known voice she came out of her reverie.

Turning back she found Adi standing there half naked looking at her in confusion mixed with amusement.

The pair of eyes fixed on each other too stunned to speak.

                           •••••••••••

 LET ME KNOW WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE CHAPTER.

Please LIKE,COMMENT AND FOLLOW MY ACCOUNT.

THANK YOU ❤️.