Chapter 25: Take care of you

Becky's POV

I couldn't believe I would spend my birthday alone without my family on my side. But, here I am, sorting out everything and unpacking my stuff before I settle down. As I looked at the house, I realised that there were many things I needed to buy and top up. So, I decided to go shopping to buy everything I need for myself since I am going to live alone. I need to be able to take care of myself.

I still haven't got my driving license yet since before this; I always rely on Freen to send or drop me off. And I don't think I am planning on getting it anytime soon because I don't find the reason to do so if Freen is still around.  

As I called for a taxi, I went to the supermarket and bought groceries. Suddenly, someone called my name from afar, and when I saw who it was, I stumbled upon Freen's mother. Despite only seeing her mother once, she still recognised what I looked like. 

"Beck! You're back!" She was very grateful to see me here. 

"Yes, aunty... I am back."

"Can I bring you home after this for dinner? Please... I need you right now," Her mom grab the chance not to let me go.

"Sure, but does it has to be today? Cause I just came back from the UK, and I need to organise my things after this." 

"It's urgent, Beck... Freen..." Her eyes started to become teary.

"What happened to Freen, aunty?!" I was panicked hearing that something horrible might happen to Freen.

"I will tell you the story later. But right now, she's not in good shape, Beck..."

"Alright, I will come with you," I become worried about how serious this is. 

...

Later, Freen's mother and I arrived at Freen's apartment. When I entered her apartment, everything looked empty, like no one was living there. "Aunty, where is she now?" I feel the need to see her right away. 

"She's sleeping all day in her room... Once she wakes up, you can go and see her. And by the way, Beck, I am so glad you're here now." She held my hands with the hope that I could treat Freen.  

"Can you tell me what happened to Freen, aunty?" I needed to hear every detail. 

"After she left you at the airport, her life went downhill when she kept blaming herself for ruining your relationship with her. She kept crying, only sleeping without eating and didn't allow anyone to approach her. Because of that, she developed an eating disorder and mild depression." She was still overwhelmed with her daughter's condition. 

"Oh, Freen...I am sorry, aunty, for making Freen this way. I never should've said goodbye to her. I should've fought for her more..." And I'm down on my knees again.

"Beck, please don't blame yourself. I know you were also having it hard, hence why you agreed to go with me to know about Freen's wellbeing. I dared to say that you guys are so in love that you are willing to sacrifice your life for each other..." She gave me her opinion.

I was scared at how accurate she was. "From now on, please let me take care of her, aunt. I promised never to leave her again, even if Freen wanted to," I added.

"Alright, Beck. I trusted you to take good care of my daughter." She hugged me to encourage me to go through all the bad things in my life. Now that she had given me a blessing to stay here with Freen, she excused herself to give some space for Freen and me. 

After saying goodbye to her mother, I peek at Freen's room. There she was, lying on the bed with sadness that weighed heavily on her face. She looked skinny and lifeless based on her face, which showed baggy, puffy eyes and a dull complexion. She seemed very sick. 

Now, It's my turn to treat you better and take care of you, my Freen... 

Author's note:

I think my eyes will resemble Freen if I continue to write at this rate 🤣🤣