Chapter 24: Better for you

Becky's POV

After Freen left me at the airport, my brain kept denying and lying that she was now gone from my life. The empty promises that came from her mouth killed me slowly. "Why did she make promises when she would never come back to be with me?" 

Throughout the drive to our new home, I silently looked out the window, and when I saw my reflection, I looked like a mess. Despite that, I was screaming in my mind how ridiculous this was. "Freen! Just why would you do this to me!!"

As the day went by, I convinced myself to run away from here and go to her place, but I couldn't find the courage to do it. I was scared, but I just wanted to come to my home. I was carried away by sadness every day until I bled in pain but bloodless. 

A year later

I become even worse when I always isolate myself from the world, including my family. Every night, I went to the park and stayed up for hours as I needed the silence to comfort my mind because no one could comfort me anymore when I lost my only best friend and soulmate. 

At this point, I don't care if the way I'm living is killing me. I started to drink alcohol so that I could numb the pain. If I overdose, what's the worst thing that could happen to a girl who's already hurt?   

"My dear... what have you done to yourself?!" My mom hugged me as she could see how struggling I was. I didn't respond to her right away since I wasn't sober to begin with. 

"What should I do to make you feel better, Beck?" She was now begging me to search for a solution to stop this. 

"I just want my Freen back, mom," I requested her to return to my normal life. Soon, I passed out because of how intense the alcohol works on my body since I have low endurance for alcohol.  

The next day I woke up feeling an intense headache from yesterday's drinking. My mom gave me medicine and requested a serious talk with me. 

"Beck, why do you have to live your life this way... This is not you, dear... I want to see my daughter again." She was worried about my action. But I still don't have the energy to respond. 

"It's okay if you don't want to talk to me. But I just want to say that I will let you go and live your life if only you get better and throw away this bad behaviour. I will allow you to go to Freen if that's your wish." She decided. 

When I heard that, I smiled sincerely for the first time after my separation from Freen. Out of nowhere, tears came out of happiness because they made me feel that there was hope for me to get better and find my joy. 

"I am sorry, mother, for acting like this... I don't know what to say, but a thank you. I promise to be better, okay?" I tried my best to say every word with honesty.  

I still can't believe that this isn't a dream.

...

A month after the incident, I finally recovered from my alcohol abuse. Now, I have my parents' support to trust me to build my own life. And just like that, I decided to return to Thailand and reunite with Freen after a year of not seeing her. 

Thankfully, my mom hadn't sold our house back there, so I could live independently. I think my mom understood my wants and needs at this point and bid me farewell and good luck. 

"Take care, Beck! Always remember to contact me, okay? Promise?" She reminded me.  

"Will do, mom!" I become a cheerful kid again. Aghh, I am so excited to go and see her. Hopefully, she didn't find someone else. 

Once I arrived, I didn't immediately meet her cause I was nervous to see how she was coping. I guess she already moved on since she never made contact with me. Then, a moment later, my mom called me.

"Beck, have you arrived safely?" My mom asked me. 

"Yes, mother... I am doing just fine here."

"Alright, take care always. Oh, and by the way, Freen called me this morning searching for you. I don't know what she wants, though. But I guess it was a good sign that she might still be interested in you." She shyly brought it up. 

"Hopefully, you're right, mom... But I have to go since I need to unpack everything."

"Okay then, bye, Beck! Just call me if you need anything." 

Author's note:

Freen is not the only one struggling from the separation 😭 😭 I am glad we get through the sad scenes. Now, it's time for something fresh instead😏