26) leaving the country

I couldn't stop shaking my legs until the doctors came and walked towards me with some documents. I stood up and immediately asked " how is paddy doing?", "is he ok" , is it something serious?" "how did- I was interrupted with the doctor's hand in between our faces . He dropped it when I remained calm. " Mr Holland , paddy's older brother, I presume?" He said , Doctor Harold, said , reading from his name tag. I nodded. 

"Paddy had injured his knee and head, which is not badly injured, and he is lucky for that, in cases like this it did not really affect him, although it hasn't , he needs attentive treatment so that he does not get infected now or in the future." Doctor Harold said , flipping through the pages of his documents or notes. Screw, fuck. What am I going to tell mom and dad. where is harry anyway? I did tell him to come asap.

"Gosh, what is the cause of the accident and what attentive treatment does he need?" I said scratching the back of my head, already feeling this stress lingering around me.  Some nurses had a few chat with Doctor Harold before he came back to me. "Oh sorry about that, he had a bicycle incident , hitting himself towards a tree near the roads,he wasn't wearing a helmet, which unfortunately is very careless of him sir and regarding his attentive treatment, I highly recommend you take him to England,where he was born I presume, so that not only does the price of the treatment is much cheaper , he's treatment is in a good safe environment."

I sighed, I need to inform dad and mom about this before I actually take him back to England. "so is the treatment here expensive? and the environment is not safe?" I questioned the doctor, who gave me a soft small smile. I could tell he was showing some sympathy. "Yes, the treatment is surprisingly expensive and since we doctors ,nurses too, have a scheduled meeting out of the hospital for the next 3 weeks ,it is impossible for us to leave the patients here all alone , that puts a risk for both patients and staff here. this goes out for most public hospitals too, not just us. Unless you are willing to take him to some private hospitals here which the amount is ridiculously expensive" He said, chuckling at what he said, which made me laugh a bit too.

"I get it , I understand, I will surely take him to England, but when?" I said, meeting Harry's eyes when he was rushing over to me.  The doctor smiled and looked at harry who slowly bent down , catching his breathe.  "For now , we would like to observe him, we will give you a call when he wakes up, which is probably by tomorrow, and you can start booking your flight, in two days will be the perfect time for you guys to go. Two days excluding today. so you can pick him up tomorrow around 11 am? let him rest a bit , start packing your things, including his and then the next day ,early morning, take the flight. I will send an email tomorrow at 1pm ,giving you every single detail about his treatment , including which hospital in England and the specific doctor" Doctor Harold said, giving his hand out for his handshake.

 I took his hand, and we exchanged handshakes until he took Harry's. " Thank you doctor, I mean it, thank you, I appreciate your efforts and help" I said, rubbing my arms. Looking at harry , who he smiled than the doctor who chuckled. "It's no big deal, that's my job" The doctor said , slowly walking away . "Hey doc, do you mind if we see paddy just for a while?" Harry said catching up with the doctor before he enters the lift. I saw the nod and a few happy gestures, which confirmed to me that it's a yes. Harry came running a back to me. "c'mon let's go" he said, leading the way to the room paddy was in. 

"how do you know where paddy is?" I said following him . He seems to know his way." ah doc told me " Harry said, finally opening a door and there we saw paddy. bandage around his forehead, his finger being attached next to this blue water stand , I felt a bit emotional. Closing the door, I went to sit on the chair on paddy's right and Harry sat on his left holding his hand.

"why do you gotta be dumb,paddy" Harry said , half smiled and watching the beeping monitor beep. I don't know what you call the monitor or machine that's tracking your heartbeat, but it surely was beeping. I stroked his hair with my hand and noticed the oxygen mask on him. "yeah, why do you have to be dumb and careless buddy" I said softly responding to Harry's words. 

"So what did the doctor say exactly" Harry said, still holding paddy's hand while I stopped stroking his hair and sits down again. "He said we need to take him to England for better treatment in two days and that his injury are not severe but to avoid him being infected, we need to make sure he has attentive treatment." I said , feeling overwhelmed already. Harry smiled. "He is going to be fine tom, alright?" harry said, standing up and opening the curtains, which caused some brightness in the room.

"Yeah, but mom and dad won't take the news well" I responded and stood up, walking towards harry who was gazing at the view out of the window. Looking at the view , it was beautiful but busy. Alot of traffic and car beep sounds. "Obviously, but I mean once they know how less severe it is, they won't be fully stressed about it, it's gonna be alright mate, I think we should go now and leave him to rest" Harry said after we both looked at him. 

"Mmm, I guess, but we need to call them and inform them later on" I said ,picking up my phone to the messages of z. Fuck. I treated her like shit, I shouldn't have, no matter how angry,anxious and scared I was. I shouldn't treat her or anyone like that.  I did not even tell her about paddy or about.... FUCKING DAMMIT , I realized. I am leaving the country so fucking soon, and she isn't fucking aware. I felt so paled and stressed out. 

Leaving last minute is so trash and treating your girlfriend like one is also trash too. Ugh for fuck freaking sake, I am going through some deep shit right now, I am so sorry, and I feel selfish , completely do, but I have to put z aside and work with paddy. He is my brother, and he needs me more than ever. As for z, i...need to call it off for a while... TOM are you fucking stupid. You went through hell to to get her, went through hell with her during these year and 11 months, and you want to dump her...out of nowhere? just leave the country without explaining than dumping her. 

I love z ok? I know what I am about to do is dickhead from me, but I can't explain everything right now until I am back. "Tom, are you alright, you are pale , mate" Harry said, shaking me into reality again. I just nodded and left the room. "Let's eat okay bro, you are being hard on yourself" Harry's voice echoed from my back as he followed me. 

I sighed. easy for you to say. Harry finally caught up with me as we reached the parking. "We can eat- I stopped him and looked at him with my exhausting eye. " Harry, you can rather just come with me to pick up paddy tomorrow at 11 am okay? I think I would like to be alone for a while"  I said softly and watched him smiling and giving me a hug. "it's all good, I think I need one too anyway, I think I will tell mom and dad if you don't want to" He said, pulling away from the hug. 

I shook my head. "You tell Sam, while I tell them , alright?" I said , watching him nod and slowly walk towards his bike, placing his helmet on his head and driving off. Entering my car, i felt all this weight and exhaustion all over my back. 

DING! My phone notification.

Zendaya; Posted.

hm? my eyes widened to see the picture she posted.

liked by lifeishola,alexdemie, lauraharrier and 14,999,877 others

Zendaya: rest in peace my baby, riella <3. say hi to pluto for me <33

comments disabled 

oh, fuck. I thought.