Decisions

"That was beautiful man. Did you get that from Google?" Chase asked Bless, as he sat next to him on the couch.

"Those were my words. I love Buttah, and I've been acting like an ass." Bless said with his head down.

"Well, I have to agree with you on that." Chase said.

"What's popping in Chicago?" Chase asked looking at Bless.

"Victoria showed up at one of my barbershops, talking about she wants to talk. I told her I didn't want nothing to do with her. There's rumors going around, that she was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar. I don't know if it's true, but she did have this weird look in her eyes when I saw her." Bless said shaking his head.

"The reason why Joe has been acting shady, is because he wanted to sell Chaz barbershop, and keep the money for himself. He acts like Chaz was a stranger. Chaz has always been a good brother to both of us; he was our older brother man. I still can't believe he's gone." Bless said getting angry all over again at the way Joe was behaving.

"Yeah, you know Joe has always been a narcissist. Chaz was like an older brother to me too. He gave really good advice." Chase said getting up walking in the kitchen.

"Why did you come back today? I thought you were coming back on Monday." Chase said cutting the cake.

"I was sitting in my office at the barbershop in Chicago...and just reflecting on my life. Who was I fooling? Buttah is my soulmate; I can't keep running from love. Life is too short. I'm 45 years old, no kids, no wife. I want a family, man. I know Buttah and I may be too old for kids, and her tubes are tied anyway. Maybe we can get a surrogate or something." Bless said sitting at the kitchen table eating cake with Chase.

"I was thinking the same thing. Sasha knows about my 2 kids and 2 baby mommas, but I see a future with Sasha. Sasha and I compliment each other very well. Damn, look at us coming to Texas falling in love and shit. Chase said laughing.

"Bless, can I talk to you outside?" Buttah asked walking up behind Chase.

"Aye, you scared the shit out of me Buttah. Do you have cotton shoes on or something?" Chase asked startled from Buttah walking up behind him.

Bless followed Buttah outside as they both laughed at Chase.

"Bless, I really like you. I will like to continue dating, but I'm not ready to marry you right now. I believe with time I will be ready, but not at this time." Buttah said looking up at Bless.

"I can respect that. Thank you for being honest with me. I'm going to head home and shower, because I came here straight from the airport. I'll call you tomorrow. Love you." Bless said while holding Buttah around the waist, and kissing her forehead and lips.

"I love you too." Buttah said and walked into the house.

It was 7am Monday morning, and Buttah was wondering who was calling her phone that early.

"Hello?" Buttah said yawning.

"Rise and shine beautiful! Can I take you to breakfast?" Bless asked wide awake.

"Okay, come pick me up at 9am." Buttah said stretching.

Bless and Buttah went to the "Old Pancake House." Buttah is a pescatarian; she only eats seafood. She's not much of a breakfast person, but she will eat strawberry waffles.

"Why are you not eating your food?" Bless asked, also noticing that Buttah had a different glow to her skin.

"It doesn't taste as good as it looks. Can we go to the Water Garden after this?" Buttah asked looking at Bless.

"Sure!" Bless said eating his pancakes.

Bless and Buttah were holding hands walking at the Water Garden.

"Are you moving back to Chicago, yes or no? Buttah asked looking into Bless eyes.

"Right now, I haven't made a decision about that yet. I can stay here in Texas, and travel to Chicago twice a month on the weekends, to check in with the flow of my barbershops. If I didn't meet you; I would have moved back after the Texas barbershop showed success. Currently, all is going well at the Texas and Chicago barbershops. The answer to your question, I guess it would be, no."  Bless said looking at the waterfall holding Buttah's hand.

"Have you ever wanted children?" Buttah asked sitting down, because she was starting to get dizzy.

"Yes, but I want to be married first. My mom died when I was born, and my dad was never around, so family is important to me. I want my children to be raised with a mother and father." Bless said looking at Buttah with concern, because she looked flushed, like she didn't feel well.

"Babe, are you okay? Bless stood up holding Buttah's hand.

"Yes, I just feel..." Buttah fainted in Bless arms.

Bless picked her up like a newborn baby, and put her in the car. He was terrified as he tried to wake her up. Buttah's eyes opened, but she looked weak. Bless put on her seatbelt, and rushed her to the hospital.

When Buttah opened her eyes Bless was holding her hand sitting next to her hospital bed.

"Babe, are you okay?" Bless asked with concerned eyes.

"Yes, did the nurse or doctor say anything?" Buttah asked looking at Bless.

"No, they started an IV and ran some test." Bless said rubbing Buttah's hand, and moving the hair out of her face.

"There's something that I need to tell you." Buttah said, when Chase and Sasha walked in.

Sasha ran straight to Buttah and hugged her neck.

"Don't scare me like that again." Sasha said concerned.

Buttah gave Sasha the look, letting her know that Bless doesn't know that she is pregnant.

"Come on Chase, let them talk." Sasha grabbed Chase hand and walked out.

"But we just got here." Chase said.

"Come on, I want something to drink." Sasha said, as they walked out of the room.

"Babe, I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago. I'm 14 weeks pregnant. My tubes are tied, but there is a partial opening in one of my tubes, which is how I got pregnant. You're going to be a father." Buttah said looking at Bless.

He was in a trance for a minute.

"I'm going to be a father!? You're pregnant? I'm going to have a son?" Bless asked talking loud, and kissing Buttah on her cheeks, lips and forehand.

"Wow, this is unbelievable. I can't imagine having a baby by anyone else. I want to be by your side for all the appointments, checkups. Whatever you need, just let me know. I'm here forever, my love." Bless said laying his head on Buttah's belly.