Buttah

"Great job Kandie! I think you are going to make an "A" on your final exam." Buttah said smiling at Kandie.

"Thank you so much! This routine is hard, but so fire! If I don't get an "A" the teacher must have something against me!" Kandie said wiping the sweat from her eyebrow.

"Are you and your mom getting along now? Buttah asked looking at Kandie?

"It is getting better. I am being more vocal about my feelings, and setting boundaries with my mom. I can no longer allow myself to be controlled by other people. I don't understand how people can get offended by the decisions that someone decides to make for their own life." Kandie said shaking her head.

"You are absolutely correct. Do what you feel is best for you." Buttah said walking with Kandie to the parking lot.

"After I take my final this summer, I'm going on vacation with some friends from school. We're going to Cancun! I'm so excited, and in need of a break!" Kandie said excited.

"I'm happy for you Kandie! You deserve a break. Be careful, and I'm glad to hear that you're making new friends." Buttah said walking to her car.

It has been 6 months; Bless and Buttah are getting serious. Buttah went to a Jazz spot to celebrate the barbershop's success with Bless. They both ended up going to the Water Garden; one of their favorite spots. Buttah was so overwhelmed, when Bless gave her a diamond bracelet. She knew that it was expensive because it was heavy. Her feelings were getting stronger, and she felt a little guarded; not too confident in how to receive the love that Bless was showing her. She was always the giver, not the taker. Buttah was concerned about Bless possibly leaving to go to Chicago. After being close to him for the pass 6 months, their bond was unbreakable and she didn't want him to leave.

Sasha and Chase were even closer. They bought a condo, and moved in together 2 months ago. After Sasha filed for divorce, her husband tried to attack her again. He followed her from work. She pulled into a gas station, because she didn't want him to know where she was staying. When he got out of his car acting erratic; Sasha called the police. She got out of the car when she saw the police car pull into the gas station. Her husband went straight for her neck. The police officer had to pull him off of her, and he hit the police officer. He's now in jail and Sasha doesn't know how long he will be there.

"I haven't heard from Bless in two days, since the Water Garden, and he didn't respond to the text I sent yesterday." Buttah said to Sasha disappointed.

"How long does it normally take him to respond?" Sasha asked side eyeing Buttah.

"He usually responds right away or 2 hours at the most due to work." Buttah said looking away.

"Just keep doing you Buttah. Don't wait on him to call, or text back. You will not hear anything back from him if you are constantly looking at your phone." Sasha said looking at Buttah.

"Yeah, I just didn't expect that from him." Buttah said putting her head down.

Honestly, Buttah wasn't bothered much about Bless not reaching out, because she felt she needed space to think. After Bless gave her that diamond bracelet; she start feeling vulnerable, and not completely ready to open her heart.

"Sasha, you remember 18 years ago when I got my tubes tied? Well, I think I might be pregnant and this shit is blowing my mind. There has to be at least a 2% chance of me getting pregnant while my tubes are tied, and I'm 42 going on 43 years old in two weeks. What the hell is going on? Buttah asked still looking down.

"Wait, hold on, rewind, you said way too much too fast. Let's go back to the, you think you're pregnant part, and yes I remember when you got your tubes tied. Did you take a pregnancy test? Sasha asked standing up with her hands on her hips.

"Yes, it was positive." Buttah said looking away.

"Well damn, that's a freaking miracle! Wow! You have to schedule an appointment. How long have you known this? Sasha asked smiling.

"I've known for two weeks now, but I've been in denial. I have an appointment tomorrow." Buttah said with tears in her eyes.

"I'm here for you Buttah. Everything will be fine." Sasha said sitting next to Buttah.

"I have been having my period as usual, but it did start to lighten up. I thought my period was changing because of my age." Buttah said looking at Sasha.

"What made you take the pregnancy test?" Sasha asked.

"I started getting dizzy and nauseated. I just wasn't feeling right." Buttah said shaking her head.

"Whew chile! I still think that's a miracle. People try to have kids all the time, and you didn't even have to try. You and Bless are magical together." Sasha said getting up going to the kitchen.

"You seem so calm and content. I love to see you happy." Buttah said eating popcorn.

"Chase is a good guy. We have so much fun together; he is hilarious." Sasha said smiling.

"We are going out tonight. Will you be good here by yourself?" Sasha asked.

"Girl yes! You know I've been here by myself since my divorce over a year ago. I love my peace. Go have fun." Buttah said walking Sasha to the door.

"Okay, I'll go with you to your appointment tomorrow, and I didn't ask. I'm telling you I'm going. I know you are strong, but it's okay to let people be there for you Buttah. You are always there for everyone else; it's okay to let people help you. Love you girl." Sasha said giving Buttah a hug.

"Aww..stop. I love you too. My appointment is at 10am, so get here at 9:15am or I'm leaving alone." Buttah said hugging Sasha back.

"There is a partial opening of the right tube. The left tube is completely closed. In cases like this, some women have ectopic pregnancies, which means the fertilized egg attaches inside the tube. Ectopic pregnancies are very dangerous, and will require an emergency procedure. Since your right tube was partially open, it allowed the fertilized egg to flow through the tube, and attach to the lining of the uterus. At this time, everything looks good for a healthy pregnancy. You are currently 12 weeks pregnant." Doctor Cole smiled.

Doctor Cole delivered all of Buttah's children. Doctor Evans did her tubal ligation, because Doctor Cole had a family emergency.

Buttah does not trust anyone else to deliver her children. When Buttah was pregnant with Taliah, she was having complications, and had to deliver her early. Doctor Cole was on vacation, but she flew in town to deliver Taliah. Buttah feels blessed to have such a caring, compassionate Doctor, who is one of the top OB/GYN's in Texas.

"But why am I still bleeding every month?" Buttah asked looking spooked, unsettled.

"Bleeding is common in the first trimester; however, heavy bleeding is not normal. If you are bleeding like a regular period, call me or go to Labor and delivery to get evaluated. As of right now, everything is normal, but if you have any questions or concerns give me a call.

You are the only patient that I trust to have my personal cell number. I've been knowing you forever and see you as family. If I do not answer the phone right away, send a text. If it is an emergency, just head to Labor and Delivery. You are all set to go." Doctor Cole said getting up to leave.

Buttah was stuck, she couldn't move. It was something in her hoping that it wasn't true, but this is her reality.

"Buttah, let's go. The fertilized egg has spoken, and is not going to vanish. You are pregnant, come on. You've been through this before, and you can do it again. Come on, let's go." Sasha grabbed Buttah's hand, and walked out of the Doctors office.

Buttah was in a trance. She had not spoken to Bless in three days, and did not feel comfortable calling him. If she had to have this baby alone, she would.