Bless

Bless was the first to make it to Starbucks to meet with Buttah. When he saw her get out of the car; he was mesmerized. Buttah was so alluring and elegant. It was something about her walk that was so intoxicating. Bless stood up as Buttah walked towards him. He pulled the chair out for her to sit down. Bless felt such a magnetic pull towards her. Their conversation was natural without force, and everything felt perfect. Bless was surprised to see that Buttah had 2 grown children, because she looks young. He didn't even know how old she was, but maybe they will have that conversation later. Bless was just enjoying being in her presence, but he knew that he had other obligations, so he had to leave.

"She is amazing. What is this feeling that I feel? This is not familiar." Bless said to himself as he left Starbucks, on his way to the barbershop.

Although, Bless was interested in Buttah; he knew that the barbershop was his priority. He had to keep his guard up, because he did not have time for love nor was he interested in love at this time.

                     Texas Barbershop Blooming

It has been 6 months since Bless activated a supreme plan to enhance business at the shop. He now has 7 barbers and only 3 open booths. The activity in the shop has increased. It's busy everyday, especially on Friday and Saturday. Bless was in a good mood on most days. Things were getting serious between Bless and Buttah. Bless was feeling torn, thinking about going back to Chicago. He hadn't told Buttah, but he knew that eventually he had to let her know.

"Congratulations Babe! Buttah said giving Bless a hug. All the barbers at the shop met up at a Jazz spot in downtown Fort Worth. They were celebrating the success of the shop, even Cedric seemed excited.

"Thank you love!" Bless said giving her a hug.

"Let's go for a walk at the Water Garden." Bless said still holding Buttah

"Are you leaving already?" Buttah asked.

"Yeah, I don't drink like that, and I need to talk to you about something." Bless said grabbing her hand and walking outside.

Bless drove to the Water Garden. It's a beautiful peaceful place that they both like to go to talk and have picnics. Bless and Buttah enjoyed their alone time. They didn't like a lot of people around them. Bless opened the door for Buttah, and they walked across the street holding hands.

"Buttah what are your dreams and passions? Bless asked as he sat next to the waterfall, and assisted her to sit as well.

"I desire to open my own dance studio and a group home for first time moms. I enjoy helping people. I believe that my purpose is to teach, motivate, and encourage others to thrive, and accomplish their goals." Buttah said looking into Bless eyes.

"You are such a beautiful vibrant soul, and I'm so blessed to have you in my life. I could be having a bad day, but as soon as I see you, my day is instantly much better. Your laugh is unmatched. Even with everything you've been through, you still smile, and maintain a positive attitude. I respect your resilience, and I love the essence of your being." Bless said as he pulled out a box.

He opened the box to the most beautiful bracelet Buttah has ever seen. The bracelet was full of diamonds, with a heart charm hanging from the bracelet. It said soulmate on one side and Bless on the other.

"Oh my goodness!" Buttah said surprised.

"You know I'm not use to receiving anything, but this is the most beautiful gift ever. Thank you so much." Buttah said as she laid her head on his shoulder, and watched him put the bracelet on her wrist.

After Bless put the bracelet on her wrist, he kissed her hand, and wiped her tears away gently. Buttah was starting to feel vulnerable, and that was triggering for her.

"When I was in high school. I had a dream to run my own barbershop. I had a lot of haters that didn't believe in me, but I kept hustling, because I had a dream. While I was in the 12th grade; I opened my 1st barbershop. It started slow but I did it. Chase was always my right hand man. We met freshman year, and had been best friends since. I did all the business work, and Chase did all the work on social media, bringing the talent to the barbershop. I managed to evolve, and now have 3 barbershops in Chicago. It's a lot to maintain, but I manage really well financially. My passion is being a big brother to all the kids in the community, who don't have positive role models. My barbershops and barbers make a huge difference in the community." Bless said while rubbing Buttah's hand.

"That's great Babe. But why do I feel like there's more to all this? What are you trying to tell me?" Buttah asked looking into his eyes.

"I told you why I came to Texas." Bless looked a Buttah.

"Yeah, so are you saying that you have to leave now?" Buttah asked sadly.

"I'm trying to decide on what l'm going to do. In the meantime, I will continue to travel to Chicago once a month for the weekend." Bless said looking at Buttah.

"I know you didn't eat none of that food at the Jazz spot, so let's go to your favorite spot, Pappadeauz." Bless said grabbing Buttah's hand, and walking back to the car.

When Bless made it home from the Water Garden, he sat on the patio, and noticed an unknown number calling him.

"Who is this?" Bless asked.

"Hi Bless. I miss you my love. How are you?" Victoria asked, as if she didn't leave Bless at the alter over a year ago.