Buttah

"What's wrong Kandie?" Buttah asked with concern.

Buttah just finished her dance aerobic class on Saturday. She received a text from Kandie, stating that she had to cancel dance lessons with her. On the way out the door, Buttah saw Kandie crying sitting at the table next to the entrance of the gym.

"Everything is going wrong. My mom is mad at me. The boy I have a crush on, I just saw him in the parking lot kissing on another girl. After all that, I tried to start my car, and leave with some dignity and my car won't start. I tried multiple times, and it just won't start. I don't understand what's going on. I go to school; I try to do everything right. Why is this happening to me? Kandie sobbed and put her face in her hand.

"Awww..Kandie. I'm sorry you are going through this." Buttah sat next to her at the table.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Buttah reached out to touch Kandie's hand to try and calm her.

"Thanks but my uncle is coming to pick me up. I'm going to stay at his condo for today. I can't be around my mom; I just don't have the energy to deal with her." Kandie said shaking her head and wiping her tears.

"I will wait with you." Buttah said.

"Oh, there he is right there in the black Mercedes." Kandie started walking towards her uncle.

Buttah was stuck as she saw Bless walk towards them. He was looking fresh with a red collar shirt, and black slacks, looking like it was fresh from the cleaners. He was looking like a business man and Buttah loved it. Buttah had butterflies in her stomach, as her mind was racing thinking of what to say to him.

"What's going on baby girl?" Bless walked towards Kandie, not noticing Buttah.

When Bless saw Buttah, he got butterflies in his stomach and a frog in his throat. He started having a cough attack.

"Are you okay?" Buttah walked towards him with concern.

"Yes, how are you? I wasn't expecting to see you here." Bless said as he looked at Buttah.

"Do y'all know each other?" Kandie asked with wide eyes.

"I met Buttah over a month ago." Bless said looking over at his Neice.

"Buttah are you available tomorrow morning for coffee at Starbucks? I really want to get to know you better, and I apologize for not reaching out sooner. I need to take care of something with my Neice, but I will text you when I get home." Bless said as he grabbed Buttah's hand and sensually looked into her eyes.

In that moment, their souls smiled, as if they were reuniting. They both felt as if they've known each other for years.

"Sure. I understand, and yes we can meet at 10am at Starbucks tomorrow. Text me the address when you get a chance. Bye Kandie, see you next week." Buttah said looking into Bless eyes, and quickly shifting her gaze before heading to her car.

"Wow! Y'all look like a power couple from a romance movie. I feel much better after seeing you guys have the most romantic exchange, that looks almost like husband and wife. This is so cool, my favorite uncle, and my dance teacher are in love. I like it, I like it a lot." Kandie said smiling and folding her arms.

As Buttah drove home, she couldn't stop thinking about the strong chemistry she had with Bless. She's never felt such strong feelings for someone she didn't know. When he grabbed her hand, it felt so natural for him to do that, and she didn't feel the urge to pull away.

"Sasha! I saw Bless at the gym, and we are going to Starbucks in the morning to talk!" Buttah said to Sasha in excitement. 

"When? What happened? You better go girl! Get yo groove back hunty!" Sasha asked excited.

"It's a long story. I'll tell you later." Buttah said but she heard Sasha yelling in the background.

It sounded like she was arguing with her husband. "Sasha!" Buttah yelled because she heard glass break and other noise.

"Mind yo business bitch!" Sasha's husband yelled and hung up in Buttah's face.

Buttah had to pull over to the gas station to calm down. She took deep breaths and called the police. After calling the police, Buttah was on her way to Sasha's house. When Buttah pulled up to Sasha's house, the police was already there. Both Sasha and her husband were in handcuffs.

"Wait, why is she in handcuffs? She's the one bleeding and obviously she was assaulted." Buttah yelled with frustration.

"Ma'am step back." The police said and pointed his gun at Buttah, because she was walking towards Sasha.

"Go home Buttah. I'm okay. Stop talking and calm down." Sasha said because she knew Buttah had a temper that no one wanted to see.

Buttah put her hands up and asked the police officer what happened.

"There was an argument. When we walked in she had a knife pulled." The police officer told Buttah.

"Where are you taking her, and can I please have your card?" Buttah asked while taking deep breaths as she spoke to the police officer.

The police officer gave Buttah his card and the information she asked for. Buttah got in the car, because she knew that Sasha was going to be in jail for the weekend, and it was nothing she could do. After getting in the car, Buttah broke down crying, because Sasha looked so bad with blood on her face and clothes. It appeared that she needed stitches over her right eye. "What is going on today?" Buttah wiped her tears and got herself together before heading home.