Bless

"Man why are you walking around here looking goofy? I'm going back to Chicago." Chase said while walking into the kitchen.

Chase is Bless best friend from Chicago, Illinois. He is tall, 6'0, smooth dark mahogany skin, slim with shoulder length dreads. Chase and Bless are both 45 years old. They have been friends since High School. Chase was more outspoken and flamboyant. Bless was aloof, chill and low key. Chase followed Bless to Texas to help him get the barbershop business up and running.

"Aye, you don't have no pop?" Chase yelled out.

"What do you think man? You went to the store with me, settle down with that." Bless said annoyed.

"I'll be back." Bless said while picking up his bottle water.

"I'm not staying here in this boring ass condo man. The fire stick is not working. Wi-Fi tripping. I'm going with you." Chase said.

"You don't even like to workout, whatever man let's go." Bless said with an attitude, as he proceeded to his car, on his way to Fitness Connection.

"I'm not about to be doing a lot of talking while I'm working out Chase. I like to be focused when I workout." Bless said.

"Ain't nobody thinking about you. I'm looking at....Dang she fine!"Chase said.

When Bless looked up he saw Buttah doing squats. She had on tights with a purple Nike halter top, body banging. There was a short curvy girl with her, swinging the kettlebell. It looked like they were in a deep conversation. I don't see how people can talk and workout. Bless was deep in thought before he heard Chase yell his name.

"Bless! Why are you smiling man? I know you're not looking at the same girl. See, you think you can have everybody.." Chase said and stopped abruptly.

"Here she come." Chase said and start doing bicep curls.

As the ladies were passing by, Chase dropped the dumbbells.

"Hello beautiful! You look nice today. My name is Chase." Chase said smiling.

She start smiling surprisingly and shook Chase hand.

"My name is Sasha."

While this exchange was happening, Bless and Buttah locked eyes and were stuck for at least a minute.

"Buttah, right?" Bless said with squinted eyes.

"Yes, hi Bless." Buttah said in a flat tone.

"Ok, well this is awkward." Bless said not knowing what to do.

"Well, evidently we were meant to see each other again. Do you have your phone on you?" Buttah asked.

"Yeah." Bless said.

"Ok, cool. What's your number?" Buttah asked getting straight to the point.

"If you are married or have a girlfriend don't call me. If you want to get to know each other, reach out." Buttah said nonchalantly, and motioned for Sasha to follow her.

"Let's go Sasha." Buttah said.

Bless was shook, because he never had a woman be so nonchalant and sensual at the same time. Most women that went for him were all over him. He could see that Buttah was not like that. She seemed to be so organic and pure, almost detached but magnetic to the people around her.

"Dang" Bless said as he watched Buttah walk away.

"She's a savage! Straight boss bitch! You know her man?" Chase said with wide eyes.

"Don't call her a bitch." Bless said with authority.

Chase laughed and put his hands up.

"I never seen you like this over a female, but okay Bless, damn. I like it. Maybe she can tame yo mean ass." Chase said as he walked away.

Bless wakes up at 6am every morning to meditate and have time for himself. He went outside to sit on the patio and got lost in his thoughts. Last year his Fiancé was a no show at their wedding. No one knows where she went, but he hasn't heard from her since the actual day they were supposed to get married. Bless has never been the committal type. He is a nice looking guy, and women were all over him all the time. Bless didn't see a reason to commit, because he got what he wanted from women without committing. When he met Victoria, his whole life changed. He truly felt like she was the one for him, so he put his player ways to the side for her. Little did he know that she would break his heart on their wedding day. Since that day, he decided that he would never love again.

"What's up Joe?" Bless asked when answering his phone.

Joe is Bless's brother, he's 48 years old, average height, stocky build with a businessman appearance. He was running the 3 barbershops in Chicago that Bless owned.

"There was a complaint at your barbershop on the south side. A customer says that they will be back to shoot the place up." Joe said in a calm tone.

"Ok, close the shop for today, it's cool." Bless said nonchalantly.

"What do you mean man!" You need to come handle this! This is getting out of hand!" Joe yelled.

"Aye, take your head out your ass and go lock my shit up man." Bless remained calm and hung up the phone.

Joe had a corporate position at a bank, and would come off as he was better than everyone else. Apparently, Joe was trying to get a reaction out of Bless, and he was frustrated, because Bless mastered the art of being unbothered. Bless looked off, and started thinking about a plan to get the barbershop running in Texas. He had to move quick, so he could go back to Chicago and take care of his business.