EPILOGUE

epilogue *fourteen years laterCHRISTMAS DAY, 2000

epilogue
*
fourteen years later
CHRISTMAS DAY, 2000

"Mommy! Daddy! Santa came!"  Screams of pure childish joy rang through the groggy duo's ears. Sloane rubbed her eyes to meet her two kids, plus four more, jumping on her bed.

"Louise, calm do--" "But Daddy!"
"Sam, we're coming. Mommy needs her beauty rest."

"Why don't you guys go get Uncle Steve down the hall?" Eddie sat up, pulling the bed sheets up to cover his, albeit inappropriate, tacky sweater that said 'Tis the season to be Naughty, with a rather mature graphic on it.

"We did!" The eldest Harrington cousin, at a crisp age of eight as of yesterday, Eliza, announced. Sloane rolled out of bed, with a groan, entering the living room to their rather large apartment. Steve and Nancy were sharing a dance around the decorated Christmas tree, as Run Run Rudolph boomed through the old record player. With one spin, Steve's coffee spilled over the side of the mug, just barely missing his own twins, sitting in the floor, enamored with Home Alone blaring through the television.

"Buzz, your girlfriend, WOOF!" the twins, Caleb and Joshua, cackled as they recited their favorite line from the movie.

All six kids, four of which belonging to Steve and Nancy, the other two being Eddie and Sloane's, were running around the room, ear-deafening screams and giggles interrupting the adults' thoughts.

"Alright kids! Do you guys want to open presents?" Nancy called, an eruption of celebrations coming from the group of kids that finally settled down into their spots on the couches and chairs in the living room.

"Sweet! A new barbie doll house!"

"Dad's old guitar! This is the most metal gift ever!"

"Aw, man, a scooter! Cool!"

"Tickle me Elmo!" Sloane's favorite three-year-old nephew, Jacob, giggled as he shook the box that was practically his own size.

The group of kids were left to their own devices, and Sloane's heart was completely overflowing with love and joy. The four adults sat at the dining table, sipping their coffee and marveling at their home full of rambunctious children. Steve and Sloane still had their signature voluminous hair, except both Steve and Nancy had a few grey hairs - despite being the young ages of thirty-two and thirty-three, but one look at their group of wild children answered that question. Eddie, on the other hand, had kept his hair short, and now had a little bit of a beard, making him completely unrecognizable from his high school self.

His haircut, and taking the Harrington last name when the two got married, practically guaranteed that the killer Eddie Munson was long gone.

"So, how's Hawkins?" Sloane asked, placing her hand on top of Nancy's. "It's Hawkins." She giggled, "Dustin and Suzie came over for dinner last week, which feels totally illegal. All I can see is that little chubby-faced kid who played with Mike after school."

"But, it's still Hawkins, and it's growing." Eddie and Sloane gave the couple across the table a confused look as Nancy slid a small gift bag towards the pair. Sloane cautiously opened the bag and lifted a small picture frame out of the bag.

A small picture frame with an ultrasound sitting inside.

Eddie's jaw dropped, gaze flickering between the couple across the table and his own wife. Sloane's eyes got as wide as golf balls, as tears formed in her eyes out of excitement. "No way," Sloane whispered as she pulled out an envelope, sliding it towards her brother and sister-in-law. Steve opened the envelope slowly to receive a picture of his own, the black ink staining his hands as Steve cracked the biggest smile Sloane had ever seen from the boy.

A picture of his own niece or nephew.

"You're lying." Steve's face was brighter than the Christmas tree in the corner. Sloane nodded, a happy tear slipping down her cheek. Steve jumped out of his seat and ran around the table to hug his sister, spinning her around as Eddie yelled to be careful. Steve set Sloane down on the floor and the four adults hugged.

"So number five? You're really going for those six little nuggets, aren't you?" Sloane giggled.

"Guys! There's one more present under the tree!" Sam, Sloane and Eddie's oldest, announced. Sloane furrowed her eyebrows, looking around for any gifts she and Eddie stayed up all night wrapping. Weirdly, everything she'd gone shopping for was already opened.

The wrapping paper was an unique one, one that Sloane or Nancy, or even the men, would've never purchased. It looked almost like Halloween themed wrapping paper, with jack-o-lanterns and ghosts all over the black paper. The tag on the side was Christmas themed though, and Sam inspected it further.

To: The Harrington's
From: ɐʇuɐs

"Huh, weird. Santa put his name upside down by mistake." Sam shrugged, looking at his mother to see if he could do the honors of opening the gift addressed to everyone in the room. Sloane nodded, and the dark haired boy ripped open the ghouly-decorated paper.

"Aw, cool! Dungeons and Dragons! I've heard of this game!"

All the adult's in the room fell to an incredibly nauseous state at the exact same moment, and it was definitely not a symptom of Sloane and Nancy's recently revealed pregnancies. The four adults shared a look only they could recognize as they tried to figure out what the hell this could mean -- because none of them would've ever purchased this cursed game, not after their high school experiences. Eddie ran a hand over his short beard, opening his mouth to say what all four of them were thinking.

"Ohhh, shit."

'*•.¸♡ THE END ♡¸.•*'

*

guys, i wanted to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all the readers and peeps that checked out this story. 1K reads simply doesn't feel real! I love writing and especially writing stories about my favorite characters and shows like ST. I never thought I'd actually finish writing this story and though it's short I have loved every moment of it! Thank you thank you thank you! I love you all a TON <3333

stay tuned for bonus scenes and more content because I'm not ready to let eddie and sloane go just yet <3

xoxo,

tomhollandsbaewatch