CHAPTER ONE | THE PRINCESS & THE BABYSITTER

TW: TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS

CHAPTER ONETHE PRINCESS & THE BABYSITTER

CHAPTER ONE
THE PRINCESS & THE BABYSITTER

"Robin! Sloane! Are you guys even listening?"

"Uh, yes, sorry."

"Then what did I just say?"

"Something about sex with uh, Linda,"

"Ugh! Can we please talk about anything other than my brother's sex life - or lack thereof." Sloane grumbled from the backseat of Steve's car.

After spending an entire summer at the mall, bugging over boys and nails and ice cream, Sloane had learned to deal with Robin Buckley. At first, she wasn't a fan of the way Steve and Robin just clicked, like someone else was trying to fill her designer shoes. But, the things they'd been through together ensured that Robin and Sloane had to get along. How could they save the world from evil Russians bickering the whole time?

Sloane eventually enjoyed going to the mall to spend time with the girl, and soon Steve had two little sisters to protect and sling ice cream with. Scoops Ahoy was Sloane's favorite place to go annoy her big brother and new sidekick when she was bored of sitting by the pool, reading her seventeen magazine. The Harrington house got rather lonely and cold even in the heat of the summer, and the ironically enough? The mall provided a sense of home for the youngest Harrington.

At first, Gene wouldn't stand for the fact that Sloane came to hangout all day and not actually purchase ice cream, (Steve just gave it away) but the Harrington siblings brought in so much revenue to the little shop that business was absolutely booming. So much ice cream that they had to order in an emergency delivery from Michigan!

But then, of course, people know the story. People talk. Some asshole monster had to destroy the only place that gave Sloane peace of mind: racking up Daddy's credit card bill.

To practically send her father into debt every month was a power trip for Sloane, like somehow the numbers paid back years and years of neglect and failures on his behalf. They had Daddy's credit card, each other, and that was it.

Steve and Sloane were an inseparable pair, attached at the hip. Being exactly one year and one day apart in age, they found themselves doing everything together. Especially when their parents were practically nonexistent!

Including help save the world, like, three times.

"No! I'm talking about Heidi!"

"Cut me some slack, please! Your love life is one of labyrinthine complexity and it is seven in the morning, we have to go to this stupid pep rally, and I woke up looking like a total corpse! Not everyone can be little miss princess back there," Robin rambled on as the two front riders looked in the rear view mirror. There, sat Sloane, filing her nails with the nail file she kept in her brother's car for emergencies - and Friday mornings were an emergency.