CHAPTER FOUR | PRINCESS BADASSERY

CHAPTER FOURPRINCESS BADASSERY

CHAPTER FOUR
PRINCESS BADASSERY

The crew drove down the dark gravel road and into the driveway with the mailbox that said Lipton. The house looked abandoned, and it probably was, since Reefer Rick allegedly got arrested months ago. The crew walked up to the door, Dustin leading the pack. He slammed his thumb on the door bell as it rang over and over and over again. Steve argued that they should give up, go home, and call the police, but Dustin didn't take that for an answer.

"Reefer Rick!" Sloane banged on the door as she screamed.

"REEFER RICK!" Dustin screamed louder, peering in the window.

"Don't scream that!" Steve protested.

"Hey guys?" Max called from the distance, and the group walked over to where the girl stood. They looked up to see a boathouse - a fairly large boathouse, at that - with the door open in a fashion that made it seem as if it was a welcome invite.

"I don't think drug dealers just leave doors open like that, let's go check it out," Sloane started to walk down the hill, but Steve grabbed her arm before she slipped away. "Stay behind me," he pulled his sister back as the crew walked down towards the boathouse.

They searched the place from top to bottom, and while everyone was looking in corners, under shelves, and other places a five-foot-ten male would never fit into, Steve was looking skeptically at the boat with tarp covering it. Sloane, noticing her brother's behavior, grabbed the oar from the wall and started wailing the tarp boat with said oar in a clumsy fashion. The sudden outburst of peculiar behavior caused the group to turn heads and stare.

"What the hell are you doing?" Dustin whisper-yelled at Sloane, earning himself a warning glare from Steve. Steve, walking over to the other side of the boat where Sloane stood, grabbed the oar from her, jabbing at the tarp himself.

"He might be in here."

"So take the tarp off!" Dustin argued.

"If you're so brave you take the tarp off!" Steve shot back.

The boys continued to whisper-argue as Robin and Max came to the revelation of empty candy bar wrappers, soda bottles, and soup cans. Sloane walked over to the girls to inspect what they had found.

"Guys, don't worry, Steve will get 'em with his oar!" Dustin said, voice practically dripping in sarcasm.

"Sloane, this reminds us of that one time last August where we—" Robin started, before Sloane's eyes grew wide and shot towards her brother.

"Don't finish that story," Sloane warned, earning a set of furrowed brows from her brother.

While Steve went back to arguing with the shorter boy, on some little tangent about how the entire group had faced death once too many times, his statement was cut off by the jolt of movement from the thing under the tarp. The group erupted into a fit of screams as the mysterious figure ran around the boathouse with Steve by the neck, pinning him against the wall with a broken beer bottle held to his chin. The group continued to scream in fear, but Dustin immediately recognized the long hair on the figure: Eddie. Dustin called and called his name to try and allow for Steve to run away. Sloane soon, too recognized who it was and screamed his name.