CHAPTER ELEVEN | INTERDIMENSIONAL MONSTER DEMON ASS

CHAPTER ELEVENINTERDIMENSIONAL MONSTER DEMON ASS

CHAPTER ELEVEN
INTERDIMENSIONAL MONSTER DEMON ASS

The Harrington teens looked around, seeing a distorted, dark, cold version of their childhood home. The kids knew exactly what this was: The Upside Down. The elder Harrington had a much better understanding of the dimension between Hawkins and hell, but Sloane still understood that this was a place she didn't want to find herself stuck in for long.

They took a step around the empty, cold field, which they soon realized was Lovers' Lake, and Sloane fell backwards on a viscous vine, clumps of sticky dark fluid staining her perfectly white jeans.

"Shit!" She yelled as she tumbled backwards, face dropping from one of annoyance to one of panic when loud screeching rang through her ears. Steve diverted his attention to the direction of the noise, squinting at the black speckles throughout the red thunder-lit sky.

"Hey Steve, is it just me? Or are those getting bigger? And the screeching getting louder?"

"Oh shit. They're - bats?"

"Freakin' bats?" Sloane reiterated, and Steve nodded, grabbing her hand and running away from the bats which were now fully visible and only closing the distance between them.

Sloane, who was now practically burning a hole in her fresh white Keds, fell as a bat wrapped its thick tail around her ankle and pulled her down. Sinking its fangs into her arm as it screeched, alarming another bat to sink its fangs into Sloane's arms. A swarm of four or five - she'd lost count at this point - attached themselves to her body. Two of the bats pulled her in separate directions, one wrapped around her neck and the other wrapped around her ankle, akin to the Harrington kids fighting over their favorite toy back in the 1970s.

"Shit, shit, shit," Sloane scrambled, catching a glimpse of Steve who was in the same situation. Sloane's entire body ached as she used all her strength - which was not much - to try and fight her way out of the bats' grip to help her brother. Unsuccessfully, she plopped back down on her back after one of the bats took a mouthful of her stomach, causing her to scream in pain and fear. Being eaten alive took the top of her list for ways Sloane absolutely did not want to die.

The pressure in her side was alleviated as a bat flew away, tumbling on the ground, and it was - whimpering?

"Hey, princess."

Sloane looked up to see Eddie and Robin, sporting an oar and a flash light in a bag. In this moment, Sloane had three thoughts in her mind: Sloane's immediate response was to check on Steve - who was being rescued by a fiesty-looking Nancy Wheeler and the other boat oar. Her second reaction was to roll her eyes at the banality of her situation, the damsel in distress being rescued by her knight in a leather jacket. Gross, she thought. Her third thought was to thank the heavens above that they had come just before she'd gotten torn to shreds by the mini-monsters.