CHAPTER FIVE | SLOANE'S BOY TOY

CHAPTER FIVESLOANE'S BOY TOY

CHAPTER FIVE
SLOANE'S BOY TOY

"Sloane!" A pillow came flying into the girls face as she jolted from her sleep. The sleeping beauty groaned, rolling over and pulling the sheets over head head just before Dustin, Robin, and Max started bouncing on her bed to wake the girl up.

In a panic, the girl's eyes shot open, sighing in relief at the sight of the three, while Steve stood readily in the doorway, shaking his head, with a fresh bath towel draped over his shoulder. He tossed the towel to his sister, urging her to get ready because they had places to be.

Looking at the clock on her night stand, she groaned again seeing that it was six fifty-three in the morning. There was no reason she should be up so early during her spring break, but for Eddie, she guessed she'd make an exception.

"We're going shopping," Max said in a sing-song voice, trying to sound like a total girly girl. For a second, she had Sloane fooled. She missed the old Max; the Max who had no filter and was super offensive, which was far better than the red-head not talking at all. There was something different about Max since the summer incident, and Sloane's heart ached at the thought of what the girl went through - and is still going through. Though Billy was a total asshole to Max, Sloane knew what it was like to be someone's little sister. To have a big brother. Max and Sloane were similar in that aspect: despite Billy's tough outer shell and how horrible he could be to Max, there were times when Billy let his guard down around the red-head. Billy had taught her how to drive his car and how to make a mixtape. But most importantly, he taught Max to stay away from boys like Billy.

Sloane and Steve were quite the opposite. Steve never changed around Sloane, he was always just Steve. Not The King, not The Hair Harrington, not The Babysitter, just Steve. Steve would drop everything if his sister needed him, and he did, multiple times. It was part of the reason why Nancy found comfort in Johnathan Byers: because when Nancy needed him most, Steve chose his sister. He couldn't help it. He knew all too well what it was like to be tossed to the side by your family, and he wasn't about to let Sloane be tossed to the side by their parents and him.

Sloane stepped out of the shower and let her hair fall from the bun it was in. Lucky for the crew waiting downstairs, Sloane had chosen not to wet her hair during her shower: it would've added an extra hour of their time. She quickly dried off and slid on her outfit choice: a pair of pink slacks and an overly-big Ralph Lauren sweater. To complete her Lady Diana look, she threw on some white Keds. Sloane's biggest role model was the princess herself: Diana. She loved looking at her in all the magazines and cutting out her photos, gluing them in her own fashion notebook. Sloane liked to dream that one day she'd be a big fashion designer in New York, or Chicago, or some other big city.

That was, if she ever made it out of Hawkins, she often thought.

She ran down the stairs, almost eagerly, as she anticipated said shopping. She had already conjured up a plan, last night, to sneak over to the boathouse and chat with Eddie, hoping she wouldn't startle him too much. And what better way to do that than with a brand new outfit?