CHAPTER TEN | BROTHER

FOR BEST READING EXPERIENCE, LISTEN TO BROTHER BY KODALINE! xo

CHAPTER TEN
BROTHER

"We have identified one person of interest," The group watched as Sheriff Powell spoke to the reporters surrounding Reefer Rick's house, "Eddie Munson."

And then things went from bad to worse -- Steve's heart stopped purely at the sound of Powell's next statement.

"We are also currently searching for a missing teenager, last seen in her home on Maple earlier this week. Sloane Harrington, 17-year-old Hawkins High senior. According to her boyfriend, the girl was last seen in a pink shirt and jeans. Last night, car was found at the church about a mile from the crime scene - but there has been no evidence that the Harrington girl was involved with the murder and witnesses say that Eddie was alone."

"This is bad. This is really bad. Where the hell is my sister? Where is Sloane? Who has talked to Sloane recently? I knew it wasn't a good idea to leave her with Eddie! I knew he was bad news! He probably killed her too, that damn sicko-"

"Dustin? Can you hear me? Wheeler? Copy?" Eddie's voice cracked through Dustin's walkie-talkie, prompting Steve to rip it from his hands, practically taking Dustin's fingers along too.

"Eddie, where the hell is my sister? Where are you?" Steve all but screamed into the device, ready to track the boy down and dismember him, limb by limb, saving his head for last so he could watch the entirety of his demise.

"Relax, Harrington. She's right here." Eddie couldn't hide the shakiness in his voice, speaking both to Sloane and her brother when he said their last name.

"Hi Steve." Sloane sniffled, and Steve relaxed his entire body, still alert at the cracks in her voice. She was crying. "Where the hell are you?" Steve asked, cutting his sister off the minute he heard her voice, "are you okay?"

"We're pretty damn far from okay, Harrington! We're at Skull Rock."

"Woah, you took my sister to Skull Rock? No no no, we are gonna have a little chat when I-" Steve started, earning a slap on the arm from Robin, dragging the boy back to the car.

***

"Do you guys wanna know how Skull Rock got so popular? I made it popular. I practically invented it." Steve bragged, arguing with Dustin about how they were going the wrong direction.

"Yeah, we get it, you peaked in high school." Dustin sassed, dragging the boy deeper into the woods.

"Bada-bada-boom! Here she is Henderson," Steve stuck his tongue out at the curly-headed boy, "in your stupid, cocky little face."