CHAPTER THIRTEEN | GUNS-A-BLAZIN'

CHAPTER THIRTEENGUNS-A-BLAZIN'

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
GUNS-A-BLAZIN'

"He showed me the most awful things. I saw a dark cloud," Nancy breathed out, "spreading over Hawkins. Downtown was on fire, dead soldiers, a creature with a gaping mouth. There were so many monsters. An army of them, coming to Hawkins. They were coming into our towns, our homes, and then he showed me my mom," Nancy let the tears fall at this point, "and Holly and Mike." She wiped her face and Sloane grabbed Steve's hand to keep herself steady. Even though she was sitting down, she felt so unsteady. Nancy's vision from Vecna sounded alarmingly similar to what Vecna showed her, back in her own home.

Steve sighed, heartbroken for the girl. Steve hated to admit it, but he was still head over heels in love with Nancy. He'd go to the ends of the earth, even if it meant he had to army crawl his way there. But right now, hearing what Vecna showed Nance, the ends of the earth didn't seem too far.

"He's just trying to scare you, Nance. Right? I mean -- it's not real."

"I don't know. He showed me something very similar." Sloane spoke up, causing heads to whip in her direction. "I was at home, looking at our senior portraits," she looked at her brother, "and I looked back and - he showed me us. He showed me mom and dad, Steve, and -- you guys." Sloane was crying too, wondering what the hell this meant for the group and their future. "He showed me four gates. One of them at Lovers' Lake, one on the road by the trailers, and one at Eddie's," Sloane winced, "they were all connecting. It was like the core of the earth was coming through, splitting in half. The vines and monsters from the Upside Down were taking over Hawkins."

"That's the exact same thing he showed me." Nancy stated, prompting a grave tone to set in over the kids. "It was our Hawkins."

"Four chimes."

It was Max's turn to gain stares as she told of how Vecna's clock, the one he shows his victims, rings four chimes exactly. It was all starting to piece together, the puzzle of it all.

Chrissy.

Fred.

Patrick.

Max.

"If that's true, he's only one kill away."

"Try him again. Try him again!" Steve yelled, in full panic mode. Max ran over to the phone, dialing away on the phone. Sloane leaned to her brother and asked who is the him they're referring too, but he huffed and threw his hands up, seeing as Max was unsuccessful in reaching whoever.

"Joyce got a new job, remember! She's a telemarketer. No wonder the phone's busy."

"His phone's been busy for what -- three days now? No way! Something is wrong."

Shit, Mike is in California to see El. Sloane hadn't even noticed his absence, being too stuck up Eddie's butt and too mad that Nancy was involved. Nancy looked out the window, mumbling about how Lenora was connected to all of this. But - what was happening in Lenora? Was Sloane really out of the loop again? The Harrington girl realized she should be friendlier, it would keep her up to speed with a lot more things.