CHAPTER FOURTEEN | HOT PINK HANDGUN

CHAPTER FOURTEENHOT PINK HANDGUN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
HOT PINK HANDGUN

"So much for avoiding angry hicks." Robin mumbled, rubbing the back of her neck. Sloane grabbed the girl's hand and gave it a squeeze, "let's just get in and get out." She dragged Robin to the hardware section, grabbing cans of gasoline by twos, throwing them in their cart.

"I feel like we haven't had a chance to talk lately. I miss you." Sloane blurted, the dagger of guilt being pushed deeper through her chest when she saw a glimpse of something fly through Robin's eyes. She tried to interject, but Sloane kept rambling. "I've been too stuck up Eddie or Steve's ass to check on my girl. How are you doing?"

"Um, as good as I can be for - a uh - teenager prepping for battle against otherworldly demons. Sloane grabbed the girl and threw her arms around her neck, giving her best friend a quick kiss on the cheek. As she turned back to face the metallic crimson cans, she bumped into a familiar figure.

"You think five or six is enough?" Sloane looked at her brother, who was now sporting a camouflage shirt and a leather jacket. "Is that a Top Gun jacket?" Steve nodded. "Remind me to wear that to the premiere. It's supposed to be a good movie and Tom Cruise is fine as hell, so." Sloane's eyes drifted away from Steve and back to the short haired girl, who was looking off into the distance. Following her gaze as her eyes met a familiar red-head in a straw hat. Vickie.

"You should go talk to her," Sloane whispered into Robin's ear.

"What are you gonna do, Robin? Stand here and gawk at her?" Steve said in the same breath, earning a slap on the arm from the little Harrington. Robin took a deep breath and set down the gas can she was holding, taking a step towards Vickie. Instead, a blonde boy came up behind Vickie, grabbing her waist. They shared a laugh and a kiss, while Steve and Sloane shared a look. This wasn't good -- Sloane didn't believe it though, when the blonde trailed kisses down Vickie's neck and the redhead's eyes met Robin's. Robin's steps traced backwards, tripping slightly over Sloane's foot as she turned around and practically ran out the store frantically, despite the Harrington siblings' calls for the girl.

Steve chased after Robin, and Sloane trailed through the store, catching a glimpse of Nancy Wheeler cocking a shotgun, talking to the clerk. Sloane made her way to the counter, looking at the guns mounted on the wall. A particular revolver caught her eye, the longer barrel's metallic glimmer shining off the ceiling lights, while the hot pink handle completely won Sloane over.

"I'll take that one, along with five boxes of ammo. And her's, too," Sloane grabbed the shotgun from Nancy, setting it gently on the counter, "and some ammo, as well."

"Going hunting with all that ammo?" The clerk asked, giving the two teenage girls a suspicious look, "something like that," they stated in unison, fake and innocent smiles plastered across their faces. Sloane was in the process of pulling out her daddy's credit card, when all of a sudden a nagging, irritating voice rang through her ears, causing her head to shoot up in a panic.